• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Compatibility With Easy Cd Creator 5

I think I have compatibility issues between versions 5 and 6. On a new computer with WinXP, I create music CD projects using Easy CD & DVD Burning "Creator Classic," also known as Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. On an older machine with Win2000, I have many existing music CD projects assembled using Easy CD Creator 5. Each program works fine on its respective machine.

But can I open music CD projects that were originally made on Creator Classic using Easy CD Creator 5? I would like to move my stored music CD projects to one machine. But the projects made on Easy CD Creator 5 will not open on the machine using Creator Classic. And vice versa. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround for making CD projects originally assembled using 6 able to be used on 5?

Thanks.

I think I have compatibility issues between versions 5 and 6. On a new computer with WinXP, I create music CD projects using Easy CD & DVD Burning "Creator Classic," also known as Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. On an older machine with Win2000, I have many existing music CD projects assembled using Easy CD Creator 5. Each program works fine on its respective machine.

But can I open music CD projects that were originally made on Creator Classic using Easy CD Creator 5? I would like to move my stored music CD projects to one machine. But the projects made on Easy CD Creator 5 will not open on the machine using Creator Classic. And vice versa. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround for making CD projects originally assembled using 6 able to be used on 5?

Thanks.

Well, in general, you can never expect an older version of a program to open the newer version project files. That's pretty much a given as there's just no way the old program can support the new (unwritten when it was released) programs features. That is, you shouldn't even hope that ECDC 5 will open ECDC 6 project files.

Typically, you can open the older versions files with the newer version program. Unfortunately, this has never been a hallmark of Roxio (or previously, Adaptec) CD Burning applications. At one point, ECDC 5 would open most version 4 project files, but that stopped after about the 5.2 update.

If I recall, ECDC/DVD 6 won't open ECDC 5 project files, nor will 7/7.5 open 6 project files. And Roxio (now owned by Sonic) has never offered a "converter" program. Why? I don't know. It's truly an annoyance for many, and you'd think they'd earn lot's of customer good-will by doing so. But, it apparently isn't to be.

So, you're doing nothing wrong, and don't expect your project files to be opened by future versions of the program. (Personally, that's never been an issue for me. I almost never "redo" an old project.)

Archived