• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 7.5

nascar

Question

I am running WinXP and I read in a post somewhere that when using version 7.5 of EMC you should only use Windows Media Player 9 and Internet Explorer 6. Is this some kind of software conflict with EMC 7.5? If so, what kind of problems would I be seeing? by not going to these older versions of Player and IE?

6 answers to this question

I am running WinXP and I read in a post somewhere that when using version 7.5 of EMC you should only use Windows Media Player 9 and Internet Explorer 6. Is this some kind of software conflict with EMC 7.5? If so, what kind of problems would I be seeing? by not going to these older versions of Player and IE?

I can't recall exactly what happens and I'm sure it might effect each system differently but I think one major problem was the missing certificate file error. As for WMP9, it doesn't have the DRM dog barking at you like the newer versions do.

Is this some kind of software conflict with EMC 7.5? If so, what kind of problems would I be seeing? by not going to these older versions of Player and IE?

It's a definite software conflict caused by Microsoft changing to Internet Explorer 7.

You're not going to be able to add 'titles' to DVD Builder. So you won't be able to burn a video DVD. I'm sure that there are other conflicts, but I haven't experimented to find what they are.

It's best not to upgrade WMP or to install IE 7. You might find that some other programs don't work either.

It's a definite software conflict caused by Microsoft changing to Internet Explorer 7.

You're not going to be able to add 'titles' to DVD Builder. So you won't be able to burn a video DVD. I'm sure that there are other conflicts, but I haven't experimented to find what they are.

It's best not to upgrade WMP or to install IE 7. You might find that some other programs don't work either.

I'm sure it will not be a problem to "roll back" to IE6 BUT...I have already tried to roll back Media Player11 and I can't.

Seems that a file cleaner has removed a file that is needed for the roll back. Also tried to un-install.. no luck there and tried to re-download Media 11 to get the missing file back and that didn't work either. Looks like I am stuck with Media 11. Seems there is just no way to get back to Media Player 9.

I'm sure it will not be a problem to "roll back" to IE6 BUT...I have already tried to roll back Media Player11 and I can't.

Or you can try uninstalling IE 7 and see if the applications that you need in EMC 7.5 will work. There are instructions at the top of this forum.