• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

golfer46

Photoshow 5

Question

I cannot burn a DVD in PhotoShow 5. This feature worked one time and now I get an activation error. I have sent numerous messages to Roxio - have received several replys - but nothing helped. I am using Vista. I attempted to reinstall the software and that did not change anything. All the other features work but this one.

12 answers to this question

I cannot burn a DVD in PhotoShow 5. This feature worked one time and now I get an activation error. I have sent numerous messages to Roxio - have received several replys - but nothing helped. I am using Vista. I attempted to reinstall the software and that did not change anything. All the other features work but this one.

There is another conversation about this here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41352

There is also a knowledge base article here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/PhotoShow/0...S?set-locale=en

While trying to burn a DVD in photo show 5 using Vista it requests the activation code and will not accept the code on the software box. It indicates the code is in use. I purchased a DVD add on online and it will not work either. I guessing it is a Vista issue or Photo Show update issue. Can anyone assist me? I filled out a customer service request ticket but no reply as of now.

I found a post titled Photo Show To Home Dvd--activation Code Invalid, Photoshow DVD Post #14 that explains the problem and indicates a resolution is available. This resolution is in the form of an automatic update. Does anyone know how to get the automatic udate? Still waiting for a reply on ticket.

Edited by flan

I reloaded Photo Show 5 in an effort to solve a previous post problem ( didn't help ) and all the photo shows with photos that had captions and various other special effects changed theswe captions and effects.

Is this what happens when you reload the program?

Is there a good way to get them back the way they were of does one start over?

Should I have saved these photo somewhere else before reloading?

When burning a DVD does Photo Show somehow confirm your Key number somewhere in Vista or through the internet?

How long does it typically take to get a reply from customer support?

Am I posting these questions in the proper place?

As you can tell I'm very new to this with limited skils in this area, any help anyone can provide would be helpful.

Thanks

I have the same problem and I read the Knowledge Based article that David deRoxio gave the link to. I cannot find any place in Photo Show 5 build #3018 to get an update prompt. I do not have a "D" next to the build number. I re-installed the program from the disc hopeing I had missed the update prompt but nothing there. Did you find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem and I read the Knowledge Based article that David deRoxio gave the link to. I cannot find any place in Photo Show 5 build #3018 to get an update prompt. I do not have a "D" next to the build number. I re-installed the program from the disc hopeing I had missed the update prompt but nothing there. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Please try to contact support.

You may need to reinstall your program or get your key reactivated.

Please try to contact support.

You may need to reinstall your program or get your key reactivated.

After getting with 5 different folks on live chat, I believe the problem is solved. I downloaded version 3020, deleted module.dat in the core library, and they reactivated my original key. I burned 4 DVD's and the program continued to work. I hope this is the long term cure. I bought Photo Show on a disc from Roxio 2 months ago and wonder why this has not been corrected in products that have been sold this late in the game?

Without your various posts in this forum I would not have been able to tell the folks at live chat the information that you have provided that led them to have me do what you have suggested. I would not have known where to start. I wish to thank you for all you do to assist us newbie's in resolution to Photo Show problems. I'm sure it is frustrating for you to deal with us and our limited knowledge and computer skills.

I canceled my ticket # at the support site so as not to waste someone eles time on this problem.

Many thanks!

After getting with 5 different folks on live chat, I believe the problem is solved. I downloaded version 3020, deleted module.dat in the core library, and they reactivated my original key. I burned 4 DVD's and the program continued to work. I hope this is the long term cure. I bought Photo Show on a disc from Roxio 2 months ago and wonder why this has not been corrected in products that have been sold this late in the game?
Without your various posts in this forum I would not have been able to tell the folks at live chat the information that you have provided that led them to have me do what you have suggested. I would not have known where to start. I wish to thank you for all you do to assist us newbie's in resolution to Photo Show problems. I'm sure it is frustrating for you to deal with us and our limited knowledge and computer skills.
I canceled my ticket # at the support site so as not to waste someone eles time on this problem.
Many thanks!

I too have the problem of burning 1 DVD in PhotoShow 5 and the next time it says the activation code is in use and I can not use it again. Flan says that he/she has fixed the problem by dowloading version 3020 then deleting Module.dat in the core library. I searched for the 3020 and nothing comes up. This is Greek to me.........please explain this in plain language that I can follow. I have more photoshows that I want to put on DVD and can not do it at this point. I tried calling their 800 number and they want me to pay $1.98 (I think) a minute for their help.......I don't think so!!
I hope you can help me! Thanx!

I got that message, called and got it reactivated and then it worked for a few copies. But now it won't work again. It gets to the "burning" phase and then doesn't burn and also won't cancel. Any ideas???

I can't burn a DVD either. I think it's because I installed and uninstalled the roxio photoshow and now Windows doesn't recognize my DVD burner. This is what I was told the "help" that I received--along with a link which doesn't work to reinstall something . Now the only way I can get a DVD is to buy it for $20--how convenient. Shouldn't customers be warned about this? I certainly would have left the stupid program on my computer if I had known this would happen. I've never blogged before sorry if i'm putting this in the wrong place.

I can't burn a DVD either. I think it's because I installed and uninstalled the roxio photoshow and now Windows doesn't recognize my DVD burner. This is what I was told the "help" that I received--along with a link which doesn't work to reinstall something . Now the only way I can get a DVD is to buy it for $20--how convenient. Shouldn't customers be warned about this? I certainly would have left the stupid program on my computer if I had known this would happen.

There is another conversation about this here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41352

There is also a knowledge base article here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/PhotoShow/0...S?set-locale=en

I am having the same issue. Did you ever receive resolution to your problem? I have been in contact with support, but no luck after two weeks. Delaina dcmilligan3@yahoo.com

I, too, have become frustrated and disappointed with PhotoShow5. I, too, want to burn a DVD to view on my TV. I can burn a CD but get the error code'Video export failed' when I try to burn a DVD. My solution: Windows PhotoStory 3. It is a free download but you must buy a Sonics program for about $20 that is made for it to burn a DVD. It doesn't have as many features but you CAN add a voice narrative to each slide. It doesn't have the feature that allows you to add clipart such as speech balloons and other designs but I found out I can made the photo with the clipart I want in PhotoShow 5 and then copy the completed photo to PhotoStory 3. So, I have both applications and can get what I want which includes a DVD that will play on my DVD player conneted to my TV. I am happy now even though I have a dozen 'coasters' from trying to burn a DVD on PhotoShow 5.

Edited by BravoHotel

I don't know if you will read this but I had the same problem. Long story. . . . . Conclusion is try a different DVD (DVD-R or DVD+R). I had always used a DVD-R in my computer and DVD player so when I started having this problem I was told by a friend to switch to DVD+R and now I can make DVDs of my Photo Shows again. I asked Tech support why I have to use a DVD+R since I never did before, no answer.