Menu Style And Navigation Question

sjbjava

Question

I am a new EMC 8 user. I am trying to create a DVD of three home movies. I would like the first menu screen to have a 'Play All' button, and then a seperate button 'Play' for each movie and seperate 'chapter' buttons for each movie. Something like:

Play All

Chistmass

Christmass Chapters

Family Reunion

Family Reunion Chapters

50th Anniversay

50th Anniversay Chapters

I have seen parts of this discussed in the forum and I still haven't figured out how to do this. If someone could provide some simple step by step procedures, I would be greateful. For instance should I Add the movies, create the chapter menus, then copy & paste the first chapter button to my top level menu? Is it better to append the movies to one long title and then somehow make chapter menus for different points in the movie?

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

10 answers to this question

I am a new EMC 8 user. I am trying to create a DVD of three home movies. I would like the first menu screen to have a 'Play All' button, and then a seperate button 'Play' for each movie and seperate 'chapter' buttons for each movie. Something like:

Play All

Chistmass

Christmass Chapters

Family Reunion

Family Reunion Chapters

50th Anniversay

50th Anniversay Chapters

I have seen parts of this discussed in the forum and I still haven't figured out how to do this. If someone could provide some simple step by step procedures, I would be greateful. For instance should I Add the movies, create the chapter menus, then copy & paste the first chapter button to my top level menu? Is it better to append the movies to one long title and then somehow make chapter menus for different points in the movie?

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

The answer to your questions really depends on which version of EMC 8 you have; Essentials, Suite, or the Deluxe Suite. The different versions have different capabilities especially when it comes to building menus. Rather than posting all the possibilites for each version, please respond with your version and then the answer can be tailored to your versions capabilities.

Actually, what the poster wants to do can only be done in Easy Media Creator Deluxe Suite. By placing 3 different titles on the main menu AND a button that will 'play all' for the titles can only be done in that version. The buttons for chapters shoud work in the other version.

better to append the movies to one long title and then somehow make chapter menus for different points in the movie

If you do not have the Deluxe version, then what you described later in your post should work fine. The trick of copy/paste for a Play Movie button will work with the standard version and might with the Essentials version. I've never played with that version. That way you will have only two buttons: Play Movie and Select Scenes.

Actually, what the poster wants to do can only be done in Easy Media Creator Deluxe Suite. By placing 3 different titles on the main menu AND a button that will 'play all' for the titles can only be done in that version. The buttons for chapters shoud work in the other version.

If you do not have the Deluxe version, then what you described later in your post should work fine. The trick of copy/paste for a Play Movie button will work with the standard version and might with the Essentials version. I've never played with that version. That way you will have only two buttons: Play Movie and Select Scenes.

You are correct, Gary, about what the OP first asked can only be done in the Deluxe version. I asked the question only to verify which version was being use, so the maximum number of options could be provided depending on the version. For example, with the Deluxe version, not only is the option available that you provided, but also the unlinked button option is available.

I thought I had ordered the EMC 8 Deluxe. It came with 2 disks and includes all the old Record Now and Backup MyPC. Even so I cannot find a way to add a button and configure it to be a 'Play All' when I have added my movies to the project as seperate titles. Similarly I cannot find a 'Settings' option I have seen mentioned that allows you to configure the project so that the movies do not return to the menu when finished but play the next title.

The standard version and the Deluxe version come with 2 discs: Install and Content. You can easily tell which version you purchased by the box color.

If the background color is green, you have the EMC 8 Essentials.

If the background color is blue, you have the EMC 8 Standard.

If the background color is gold, you have the EMC 8 Deluxe. The Deluxe version also comes with the Dazzle USB 2 capture device and includes more menu styles and features.

post-49-1144772631.jpg

I purchased my from roxio getting the cd instead of downloading. It came without a box. The CDs were in a DVD Video type box with a 2nd disk insert flap. The cover on the video box is almost plain paper with plain text that just says 'Easy Media Creator' but I think it has everything I've seen listed in the 'deluxe'. I just can't seem to find the options for adding a button that plays all titles or a 'settings' which allows me to configure titles to play the next when finished instead of going to the menu. On yours how do add a play all button when you have multiple titles? Is there a menu or right-click option?

Creator Classic says 805B56B ENU.

Roxio EMC * main app says it is 'Roxio Creator Suite Home' version 3.0.0 build 3.0.96B.

It also has version for the RecordNow modules - but that probably won't help.

The invoice says "300056925 Easy Media Creator 8 Suite" so I probably didn't get the deluxe version which was the only reason I was upgrading.

That all said - any work arounds to the vexing 'play all' and 'play next title instead of returning to menu8' problems?

Creator Classic says 805B56B ENU.

Roxio EMC * main app says it is 'Roxio Creator Suite Home' version 3.0.0 build 3.0.96B.

It also has version for the RecordNow modules - but that probably won't help.

The invoice says "300056925 Easy Media Creator 8 Suite" so I probably didn't get the deluxe version which was the only reason I was upgrading.

That all said - any work arounds to the vexing 'play all' and 'play next title instead of returning to menu8' problems?

It doesn't look like you got the Deluxe Version. I believe that the Deluxe version begins with 806....

Look on the disc label. The version will be printed on that also, but appears you have the standard version.

On yours how do add a play all button when you have multiple titles?

I don't put multiple titles on the main menu. I haven't had the need to do that. Most of my home DVD have only one hour. The menu has two buttons: Play Movie and Select Scenes.

The 'settings' is greyed out and not available in all versions except EMC 8 Deluxe.

Archived