• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Basket

Mydvd8 Pro

Question

Hi

Hope someone can assist me. I am making a DVD in double layer mode with photos and music.

Have issues with photos not progressing along with the music as I proceed. Also music plays and then doesn't play along with the photos even though music is on the music track. I have to click on the blue area of song in Timeline mode and click edit and then click on the speaker icon. When I do that song will play but then I have to redo this procedure to get the next song to play etc.

However, when I play the "video" in preview, no problem but very hard creating the finished product when the photos do not move as they should. This problem occurs when more than half way through project.

I am working on a XP Prof. IBM Windows computer.

Thanks

Basket :

6 answers to this question

Ver. 8 is quite old now and I don't have it installed on my computer, but as I remember there is a small Icon (right above the timeline and storyline boxes in Videowave (Show and/or hide tracks and has a small "+/-" as the Icon) which when you click on it when in the Timeline view, it has several boxes you can check for Native, Music, Nar and Sfx. Make sure you have these audio boxes checked, especially the native and music ones. Just a suggestion and might not be the problem but worth a check.

Frank...

Ver. 8 is quite old now and I don't have it installed on my computer, but as I remember there is a small Icon (right above the timeline and storyline boxes in Videowave (Show and/or hide tracks and has a small "+/-" as the Icon) which when you click on it when in the Timeline view, it has several boxes you can check for Native, Music, Nar and Sfx. Make sure you have these audio boxes checked, especially the native and music ones. Just a suggestion and might not be the problem but worth a check.

Frank...

Hi Redwagon

Thank you so much for your response. I checked out those boxes and they are all checked. I am working in MyDVD not Videowave. I start my production in Videowave and send it off to MyDVD so that I can watch how much room I have left to work with.

What should be taking very little time at all to attach photos to the boxes is taking me forever since I cannot see where the music ends with what picture. The "needle" that moves along just sticks and then jumps ahead on its own.

Hope I will get a reply soon from someone who has experienced this problem also.

Thanks again, appreciate your input.

Basket

Hi Redwagon

Thank you so much for your response. I checked out those boxes and they are all checked. I am working in MyDVD not Videowave. I start my production in Videowave and send it off to MyDVD so that I can watch how much room I have left to work with.

What should be taking very little time at all to attach photos to the boxes is taking me forever since I cannot see where the music ends with what picture. The "needle" that moves along just sticks and then jumps ahead on its own.

Hope I will get a reply soon from someone who has experienced this problem also.

Thanks again, appreciate your input.

Basket

You can easily tell in Videowave how much room you have left on a DVD for your project without sending your production to myDVD.

A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of best quality video. That means that your production in Videowave should not exceed about 55 minutes (to leave some space on the DVD for menus)

As to your problem, could you please list your system specs such as CPU, memory, hard drive space and especially your video card. Also did your program come with your computer or burner or was it a retail purchase? What make/model of DVD burner do you have?

Edited by myguggi

You can easily tell in Videowave how much room you have left on a DVD for your project without sending your production to myDVD.

A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of best quality video. That means that your production in Videowave should not exceed about 55 minutes (to leave some space on the DVD for menus)

As to your problem, could you please list your system specs such as CPU, memory, hard drive space and especially your video card. Also did your program come with your computer or burner or was it a retail purchase? What make/model of DVD burner do you have?

Hi Digital Guru

My system specs are:

IBM Intel Pentium 4

CPU 3 ghz

2.99 ghz 1 GB of Ram

Microsoft XP Professional

40 GB HD

Hope you can help me out...trying to finish project and cannot get photos to move along with freezing while music plays. When this happens I cannot stop the production until the "marker/needle" moves again.

Thanks

Basket

Hi Digital Guru

My system specs are:

IBM Intel Pentium 4

CPU 3 ghz

2.99 ghz 1 GB of Ram

Microsoft XP Professional

40 GB HD

Hope you can help me out...trying to finish project and cannot get photos to move along with freezing while music plays. When this happens I cannot stop the production until the "marker/needle" moves again.

Thanks

Basket

Looking at your specs I would say that your problem is that you have only a 40GB hard drive. How much of the is free space? Do you have an external drive in your system? Without more drive space you will never be able to do much video work. The minimum free space recommended is about 15GB and even that is barely enough.

Also you did not specify which video card and/or graphics adaptor you have in your system.

Looking at your specs I would say that your problem is that you have only a 40GB hard drive. How much of the is free space? Do you have an external drive in your system? Without more drive space you will never be able to do much video work. The minimum free space recommended is about 15GB and even that is barely enough.

Also you did not specify which video card and/or graphics adaptor you have in your system.

Hi myguggi

Thank you again for your response, appreciate it.

Sorry, forgot to add my graphics card which is a 128 MB ATI Radeon. My free memory in my computer is now at 11.8 GB...which according to you response is not enough. I also have an external Pioneer writer and an external 500 gb Hard Drive, however, my photos are all in my computer and I am afraid to move them to the external drive since they now will have another address. MyDVD will not be able to access them once I move them out of my computer to another place. I am more than halfway through this project.

The only way I can see moving the photos to the external drive is to start my project all over again. Am I correct?

Thanks again

Basket