• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
wlavner

"mac Os 206" Error Message

Question

I was given a dvd of me skydiving and I successfully ripped it via TOAST 9. Now, however I can't save or play it with any other application. I keep getting a "mac os 206" error message (I'm using a mac). Any ideas how to fix this?

4 answers to this question

What format is the video that is giving you the error. I'm guessing you converted it from the DVD to another format using the Toast Convert window. Is that correct?

What format is the video that is giving you the error. I'm guessing you converted it from the DVD to another format using the Toast Convert window. Is that correct?

Yes, thank you. It was a DVD and it was converted to a Video - TS format. What does that mean?

Yes, thank you. It was a DVD and it was converted to a Video - TS format. What does that mean?

I'm not sure how you used Toast to rip the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD. In any case, here are your options:

1. You can play the VIDEO_TS folder on your Mac by using DVD Player and choosing Open DVD Media from the File menu and selecting the VIDEO_TS folder. You may need to press the space bar after this to start playback. You also can use the freeware VLC Media Player to play the VIDEO_TS folder.

2. You can convert the video to a QuickTime-playable format by using Toast's Convert window. Choose VIDEO_TS folders as the format in the Convert window and add your VIDEO_TS folder. You can click Options to choose specific videos contained in the VIDEO_TS is there are multiple videos. Now click the Red button and choose AppleTV as the format. When the conversion is done you should be able to play the converted video with QuickTime Player, Front Row, iTunes and so on.

I'm not sure how you used Toast to rip the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD. In any case, here are your options:

1. You can play the VIDEO_TS folder on your Mac by using DVD Player and choosing Open DVD Media from the File menu and selecting the VIDEO_TS folder. You may need to press the space bar after this to start playback. You also can use the freeware VLC Media Player to play the VIDEO_TS folder.

2. You can convert the video to a QuickTime-playable format by using Toast's Convert window. Choose VIDEO_TS folders as the format in the Convert window and add your VIDEO_TS folder. You can click Options to choose specific videos contained in the VIDEO_TS is there are multiple videos. Now click the Red button and choose AppleTV as the format. When the conversion is done you should be able to play the converted video with QuickTime Player, Front Row, iTunes and so on.

I believe I tried that but I will try again. Thank you very much.