• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

joelycat

Also Can't Install Roxio Video Capture Usb Device

Question

I just got 2009 and the brand new Roxio Video Capture USB device. It came with an installation CD and instructions. I followed the instructions (..when Found New Hardware comes up, Cancel and insert CD...). The documentation says it will AutoPlay and, if not, run the autoplay file from Explorer. Well, there is no autoplay file on the CD. Just one single file called "PinnacleDazzleDVC100.exe). I ran this and it installed *something* but the installer screens looked nothing like the documentation. The device is still not recognized by Windows or Creator 2009. I contact Roxio via the chat support and he told me I had the wrong drivers and to call the 800 number. So I did. She also told me I had an old version of the drivers that were meant for a previous device AND that I would be sent the correct drivers. About 30 minutes later I got an emal from Roxio stating:

The Roxio Video Capture Device is unable to operate without the Roxio

Creator 2009. The drivers are included with the Roxio Creator 2009.

Reshipping the product will not allow the product to work correctly.

I don't think they understood the issue. Firstly, I HAVE CREATOR 2009. And it seems obvious that I was sent the wrong drivers! Is anyone else having an issue like this?

</joel>

17 answers to this question

Sorry about all the confusion. I'll see if I can get someone to look into this for you.

Thank you. BTW, in response to the two posts below: Yes, I purchased Creator 2009 AND the Roxio Video Capture USB device.

</joel>

Just as a check, open up the device manager and go down to the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" listing and click on it. You should see a line for DVC100 driver if it was installed. If that's not there the driver for the Dazzle device has not been istalled correctly.

Also answering all the previous questions in this thread would also help.

Frank...

Frank - that's the problem. He bought the new Roxio Capture Device which is NOT the Dazzle DVC100. Yet he was given the driver for the DVC100. All he needs is the correct drivers. Hopefully someone can point him to the correct drivers. ;)

Sounds like incorrect driver CD. Was it purchased via Roxio Online Store?

yes

did you purchase the Roxio Video Capture USB device online?

yes

The last two posts before your reply was asking if you purchased the Roxio video capture USB device ONLINE. Did you?

yes

Just as a check, open up the device manager and go down to the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" listing and click on it. You should see a line for DVC100 driver if it was installed. If that's not there the driver for the Dazzle device has not been istalled correctly.

Also answering all the previous questions in this thread would also help.

Frank...

Ok, I tried answering the previous posts and the Roxio Video Capture USB device still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Frank - that's the problem. He bought the new Roxio Capture Device which is NOT the Dazzle DVC100. Yet he was given the driver for the DVC100. All he needs is the correct drivers. Hopefully someone can point him to the correct drivers. ;)

I did get another email from Roxio stating that they're looking into it so hopefully I'll get the correct drivers soon. Thanks again for "getting" it.

Guest ivanatrox

hi joelycat,

Please PM me your order number so that I can look into the issue further.

Thanks

Ivan

Roxio support sent me the correct drivers today and everything is working fine. Thanks, Ivan!

</joel>

Roxio support sent me the correct drivers today and everything is working fine. Thanks, Ivan!

</joel>

Joel,

I think everyone would appreciate it, if you were to let us know how well the new device works. Not many have one of these as yet - you are one of the first :)

Joel,

I think everyone would appreciate it, if you were to let us know how well the new device works. Not many have one of these as yet - you are one of the first :)

This is the first video capture I've used but it seems to work very well. Once I got the correct drivers, it installed without incident. My camera is a 10 year old Sony Super 8. I plugged in using component cables (the only option on my camera), fired up Creator 2009 and it immediately recognized the device. I captured a few minutes of an old video just to make sure it was working (captured to AVI; 720x480 i think???). My daughter and I then watched about 1/2 hour of old videos and the hardware/software worked flawlessly. As I said, I'm new to vidcap so I can't really speak to the quality or options but so far so good. If you already have Creator 2009 the extra $60 seems well worth it.

</joel>

hp pavilion zd8000 laptop

P4 2.8ghz

ATI mobility X600

2 GB ram

I had the same problem. Apparently Digital River, the company handling orders for Roxio was shipping the wrong CD containing old drivers. After receiving the correct driver the device installed OK

However, I just logged in to inquire about an audio problem or other instructions regarding the use of this device. I am having a problem with audio but I will start a new thread.

:angry: well after about 7 hours of do-loops, emails to tech support, premium telephone support, THEN free Creator 2009 telephone support (call 1-877-761-4601) Michelle confirms that Digital River did in fact send the WRONG software drivers for the current and new Roxio Video Capture USB device.

On the third call to Digital River I was able to talk Daniel through the problem, nth time. He was not even familiar with the USB vicap product.

If you purchase the the Roxio Video Capture USB device and the accompany CD is gold colored on the lower half, white/silver on the upper half, containing Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 100 driver application - it is the WRONG software.

Daniel said he would forward the issue to his supervisor and re-ship the software. 7-10 business days. When asked he replied that no, the driver + installation is not available for download.

What is available for download, listed on their site for the for the Roxio Video Capture USB device is the WRONG software. Yup the very same file date as what was provided on the CD.

If anyone has received the correct software, how large is/are the files? can they be emailed?

Thank you!

**Edited for your benefit***

Guest ivanatrox

Hi All,

If anyone received the wrong drive disc for Roxio USB capture device, please Contact Support and our support will be able to assist you.

Colonel Tom, please check your e-mail/ticket since it was updated after your call.

Ivan

:angry: well after about 7 hours of do-loops, emails to tech support, premium telephone support, THEN free Creator 2009 telephone support (call 1-877-761-4601) Michelle confirms that Digital River did in fact send the WRONG software drivers for the current and new Roxio Video Capture USB device.

On the third call to Digital River I was able to talk Daniel through the problem, nth time. He was not even familiar with the USB vicap product.

If you purchase the the Roxio Video Capture USB device and the accompany CD is gold colored on the lower half, white/silver on the upper half, containing Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 100 driver application - it is the WRONG software.

Daniel said he would forward the issue to his supervisor and re-ship the software. 7-10 business days. When asked he replied that no, the driver + installation is not available for download.

What is available for download, listed on their site for the for the Roxio Video Capture USB device is the WRONG software. Yup the very same file date as what was provided on the CD.

If anyone has received the correct software, how large is/are the files? can they be emailed?

Thank you!

**Edited for your benefit***

First of all, you can't tell the difference between a good disc and a bad disc, they are look identical.

To answer your second question, the bad disc contains only one file. The good disc contains several files. however they are all quite small and should be easily downloaded or at least they should ship the correct disc via overnight delivery rather than make you wait another 7-10 days for delivery!

Further, I don't understand Roxio's reluctance to make this problem and solution a sticky note on this forum and providing the drivers for download!

Hardware drivers are supplied by the makers opf the hardware - the problem with posting them is that the makers can put restrictions on what may or may not be posted in an open site

As none of the rest of us know what is or isn't happening, it's just going to be a wait and see scenario until both companies sort things out