Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000aada3

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d581

Additional Information 2: 03a99067034733dc0bc778b7601165b5

Additional Information 3: 92e1

Additional Information 4: a96d82c13c38766aa7e88f7f0fa8d420

What kind of movies/videoclips you are trying to use and how were they created?

Mainly vob files copied from various DVD's.

But the crash happens as soon as I select the movie and hit OK, and in one case just as it finished coverting a file, and before I can even select the destination file type.

Mainly vob files copied from various DVD's.

But the crash happens as soon as I select the movie and hit OK, and in one case just as it finished coverting a file, and before I can even select the destination file type.

Are the .vob's from home brew movies or from commercial movies? If home brew, you shouldn't have a problem. You won't get commercial movies to be added, because it is illegal to copy them.

Are the .vob's from home brew movies or from commercial movies? If home brew, you shouldn't have a problem. You won't get commercial movies to be added, because it is illegal to copy them.

True but it won't crash a program! Try it.

It could be the source, especially if they are some web garbage he found, but I am betting it will prove to be the install.

It could be the source, especially if they are some web garbage he found, but I am betting it will prove to be the install.

You could be right, but I don't know that any software is consistent with what happens, when commercial video files are attempted to be brought into whatever program.

It is not web garbage, some are home brewed and some are purchased, I have tried copying straight from the DVD and copying it to the hard drive first.

Videowave had no problem with a file that copy and convert crashed 7 times in a row on.

I guess I will try a clean install and see what happens.

Thanks.

It is not web garbage, some are home brewed and some are purchased, I have tried copying straight from the DVD and copying it to the hard drive first.

Videowave had no problem with a file that copy and convert crashed 7 times in a row on.

I guess I will try a clean install and see what happens.

Thanks.

Why are you using Video Copy and Convert if Videowave and therefore myDVD will accept the videos? Of course the purchased videos might be copy protected.

Why are you using Video Copy and Convert if Videowave and therefore myDVD will accept the videos? Of course the purchased videos might be copy protected.

Ok, the reinstall did not help.

Why I am using Copy and convert, as opposed to other apps, is kind of irrellevent. Even if there is a better way to do what I want to do, I make no claim to be an expert with the Roxio suite, the simple fact remains that this app is crashing.

Ok, the reinstall did not help.

Why I am using Copy and convert, as opposed to other apps, is kind of irrellevent. Even if there is a better way to do what I want to do, I make no claim to be an expert with the Roxio suite, the simple fact remains that this app is crashing.

There is a "Reinstall" and then there is a Clean Reinstall procedure.

It sounds like you took the easy path and ignored the Clean Reinstall???

You understand that the rest of use VCC all the time and you are the only one who has had this problem with it. Since the program has been in use for about a month, it sure points to a problem with your PC although it is possible that there is a problem with just that one program, it is less likely.

Is this download or disc?

There is a "Reinstall" and then there is a Clean Reinstall procedure.

It sounds like you took the easy path and ignored the Clean Reinstall???

You understand that the rest of use VCC all the time and you are the only one who has had this problem with it. Since the program has been in use for about a month, it sure points to a problem with your PC although it is possible that there is a problem with just that one program, it is less likely.

Is this download or disc?

If by "Clean reinstall" you mean the procedures outlined in the Knowledge base article:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/WinOnCD/000...R?set-locale=en

then yes, I did a clean reinstall.

I do not discount the idea that the problem could be with some aspect of my PC but I have no idea what it could be since no other application has crashed, the device drivers are up to date and a scan of my hardware shows no obvious issues.

In short I cannot find the problem so I came here to see if there were any known issues. Since I am "the only one who has had this problem" then I guess this is not the place to seek help.

Thanks anyway.

Yes that is the one for Vista! Thank you for confirming that is what you used.

Assuming that you cannot pin down a common factor with the vob files that fail, I would print it out and carefully go through it again!

(something that I am going to do today myself for one app that persistently crashes!)

Yes this is the right place but we are just fellow users and do not always have all of the answers…

Another tract you could take is to go under Support and open a web ticket. Or, my personal favorite, pickup the phone and call.

Same happens to me to. Clean installs do not work at all. There is a major issue in roxio I am thinking of going back to a previous version till this problem is fixed.

Same happens to me to. Clean installs do not work at all. There is a major issue in roxio I am thinking of going back to a previous version till this problem is fixed.

Am not sure how is this a "major issue in roxio" when many many many of us can use it without a problem. Now back to your issue, what kind of source files are you using and how were they created? It is likely the browsing folder has a bad video clip which the app has difficulty parsing, resulting in a crash. Try different source folder and if possible test sample windows video files first.

Am not sure how is this a "major issue in roxio" when many many many of us can use it without a problem. Now back to your issue, what kind of source files are you using and how were they created? It is likely the browsing folder has a bad video clip which the app has difficulty parsing, resulting in a crash. Try different source folder and if possible test sample windows video files first.

They are not bad dvd files because the burn fine in nero and other burning programs.

I am experiencing the same problem. I just installed Windows Vista today, updated it with SP1. When I select the movie and click to go on I get an error message saying the problem has stopped working. I have yet to do a "clean" reinstall but from what I am reading it doesn't look like that helps.

My protection is McAfee and there is no place to "add" a trusted program. I have looked everywhere for this feature. There is a place where it will show you programs that McAfee's has stored, but you cannot add your own.

I just purchased Creator 2009 so that it would work with Vista. I had Easy CD Creator 7 prior to this and it ran with no problems (on the same movies) under Windows XP.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate hearing it.

I am experiencing the same problem. I just installed Windows Vista today, updated it with SP1. When I select the movie and click to go on I get an error message saying the problem has stopped working. I have yet to do a "clean" reinstall but from what I am reading it doesn't look like that helps.

My protection is McAfee and there is no place to "add" a trusted program. I have looked everywhere for this feature. There is a place where it will show you programs that McAfee's has stored, but you cannot add your own.

I just purchased Creator 2009 so that it would work with Vista. I had Easy CD Creator 7 prior to this and it ran with no problems (on the same movies) under Windows XP.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate hearing it.

I would find out how to have McAffe trust Creator 2009, or other programs. If it can't be found, I would dump McAffe, but I do think that there is a way to keep it from causing problems. Keep looking, is all that I can say.

And, you may end up having to do the clean install, anyway.

I am still experiencing the problem. I have done a "clean" install based on the thread mentioned earlier in this discussion. I even went so far as to use "find" in Regedit and remove "any" references to Roxio, Sonic or SmartSound. Doesn't help. It seems to occur when you select a single movie out of what is displayed for the particular movie you wish to burn. If I take all, like is displayed it does not always shut down, although it did once. The movie it did the one time was one that was large enough for a dual-layer dvd. Roxio didn't like that. However, I selected a movie that would fit on a regular size dvd and when I attempted to select just the 16x9 version of that movie Roxio shut down.

This is definitely a problem and it does seem to be happening for a lot of users. My system is a 4.0 on the Vista compatible list which is more than enough to run Vista comfortably. I do have the SP1 installed as well and am upgraded to everything as of today.

I am still experiencing the problem. I have done a "clean" install based on the thread mentioned earlier in this discussion. I even went so far as to use "find" in Regedit and remove "any" references to Roxio, Sonic or SmartSound. Doesn't help. It seems to occur when you select a single movie out of what is displayed for the particular movie you wish to burn. If I take all, like is displayed it does not always shut down, although it did once. The movie it did the one time was one that was large enough for a dual-layer dvd. Roxio didn't like that. However, I selected a movie that would fit on a regular size dvd and when I attempted to select just the 16x9 version of that movie Roxio shut down.

This is definitely a problem and it does seem to be happening for a lot of users. My system is a 4.0 on the Vista compatible list which is more than enough to run Vista comfortably. I do have the SP1 installed as well and am upgraded to everything as of today.

3 or 4 people is hardly "a lot".

You claim a 'me too' but are describing different symptoms than the other 2 posters…

So it would appear that you do not really have the same problem.

Print out the Clean Install instructions and go through them line by line. Do not skip anything and don't get frisky in your Registry an try to go beyond what is listed!

3 or 4 people is hardly "a lot".

You claim a 'me too' but are describing different symptoms than the other 2 posters…

So it would appear that you do not really have the same problem.

Print out the Clean Install instructions and go through them line by line. Do not skip anything and don't get frisky in your Registry an try to go beyond what is listed!

I seemed to have solved my problems by uninstalling from Vista x64 and installing in a fresh Vista x86 partition, so at this point I would say that this particular app is not x64 ready.

Now I do have one additional problem but as it is a new topic I will start a new thread.

Thanks to everyone who tried to assist.

Nero does everything Creator should with no problems. I'm going back to it and returning Creator, even though I won't get the full purchase amount back.

Sorry you are not able to get your problems solved.

Personally, I found that Creator does everything Nero does and even much more without any problems.

Perhaps if you had started your own thread describing your problem a bit better instead of hijacking someone elses thread, somebody might have been able to help.

Edited by myguggi