• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

App Hangs

jnclark

Question

I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9040n that had Creator 9 and myDVD basic pre-installed. The computer specs are as follows:

General

Platform Technology Intel VIIV Technology

Type Media center

Recommended Use Home use

Product Form Factor Tower

Built-in Devices LED panel

Localization English / United States

Desktop type Media center system

Processor

Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz

Multi-Core processor technology Quad-Core

64-bit processor Yes

Installed Qty 1

Max processors supported 1

Cache Memory

Type L2 cache

Installed Size 8 MB

Cache Per Processor 8 MB

Mainboard

Chipset type Intel G33 Express

Data bus speed 1066 MHz

RAM

Installed Size 3 GB / 8 GB (max)

Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Memory specification compliance PC2-5300

RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin

Upgrade rule (RAM) Max 2 x 2 GB module

If you want to see the full specs the following link http://yahoo-ssp-cnet.com.com/desktops/hp-...tag=srch_1_1#p8 has them.

I have been trying to use the myDVD but it does not work. I always get the error apphangB1 no matter what I do. I tried the update and got the same thing. Removed everything per the clean install instructions and then used the "Recovery Partition" to re-install the software since I have no disc. I am still having the same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9040n that had Creator 9 and myDVD basic pre-installed. The computer specs are as follows:

General

Platform Technology Intel VIIV Technology

Type Media center

Recommended Use Home use

Product Form Factor Tower

Built-in Devices LED panel

Localization English / United States

Desktop type Media center system

Processor

Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz

Multi-Core processor technology Quad-Core

64-bit processor Yes

Installed Qty 1

Max processors supported 1

Cache Memory

Type L2 cache

Installed Size 8 MB

Cache Per Processor 8 MB

Mainboard

Chipset type Intel G33 Express

Data bus speed 1066 MHz

RAM

Installed Size 3 GB / 8 GB (max)

Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Memory specification compliance PC2-5300

RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin

Upgrade rule (RAM) Max 2 x 2 GB module

If you want to see the full specs the following link http://yahoo-ssp-cnet.com.com/desktops/hp-...tag=srch_1_1#p8 has them.

I have been trying to use the myDVD but it does not work. I always get the error apphangB1 no matter what I do. I tried the update and got the same thing. Removed everything per the clean install instructions and then used the "Recovery Partition" to re-install the software since I have no disc. I am still having the same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A bit more information on exactly what you are doing when you get the error message would be helpful.

"it does not work" does not tell us anything.

If EMC 9 came pre-installed on your HP computer then most likely you have a limited version with some of the features disabled. Since its an OEM version HP is responsible for any problems you are having.

BTW, if you do a google search on "apphangb1" you get lots of hits with most of them being Vista and Internet Explorer 7 related.

Edited by myguggi

I used the TV card to record some Original Series Star Trek. No copyright protection popping up on it b/c I can burn it in Media Center but wanted to use myDVD to edit out commercials and save on the number of DVD's used.

I can set everything up but as soon as I click to burn the project it gives me a warning that there is mpeg audio which may not be playable on all DVD players. I click to burn anyway and that is when it freezes. It just stops working and I either have to open the task manager to force it to shut down or I have to force shut down my whole computer b/c it locks up.

When I installed the update it would lock up as soon as I opened the program and tried to do anything.

That's probably an AC3 audio warning.Most OEM versions cannot handle it.That ability is stripped out and you need the retail version to handle it.

Like myguggi said OEM versions have things taken out of them depending on the manufacturer that gives them out.

Edited by tbrewst

That's probably an AC3 audio warning.Most OEM versions cannot handle it.That ability is stripped out and you need the retail version to handle it.

Like myguggi said OEM versions have things taken out of them depending on the manufacturer that gives them out.

Okay, but would that cause the hang?