• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burining A Captured Video File

es44dc

Question

9 answers to this question

Depends on what you wanted to do with the disc. If you want the movie to play in a regular DVD player, then the files MUST be on a video DVD. MyDVD 8 and the video compilation mode of Disc Copier are the only two apps in EMC 8 that will create the correct format.

As far as I know, you can not select a hard drive as input. In fact with version 8, we can no longer 'capture' from a folder on the hard drive which we could in V7.

If the video folder already has menus, then just use Disc Copier to burn to disc.

If you are trying to burn a DVD from a video folder on the hard drive and create menus, then use the video compilation mode of Disc Copier.

Thank you, I really do not care about the menus for this, just getting the raw footage from the digi-cam to the HD then to a DVD.

In your first post, you specified not using MyDVD 8. Any particular reason? If you don't want a menu, then MyDVD can do that, too.

I've never particularly cared for Plug n Burn. Capture your footage to MPEG2. Open MyDVD and choose File/NEW/DVD-no menu. Add the MPEG file. Burn.

Since the file is already DVD compliant, MyDVD should not re-render and the burn wouldn't take as long. To make sure it does not re-render, pay attention to the bitrate and how much time you have recorded. At 'best', you get only one hour. Personally, I capture using DV AVI and let MyDVD 'fit to disc'. Takes longer, but then I don't have to 'do the math'. :)

Depends on what you wanted to do with the disc. If you want the movie to play in a regular DVD player, then the files MUST be on a video DVD. MyDVD 8 and the video compilation mode of Disc Copier are the only two apps in EMC 8 that will create the correct format.

Thank you, which app is used to do the Plug N' Burn?

If I'm not mistaken Plug And Burn is for burning directly from your digital camcorder directly to disc,via firewire I believe.

That is correct. I am looking for the same video quality as Plug n Burn, when I transfer from HD to DVD

just cannot figure how to select a hard drive as the input device on the Plug n Burn menu.

As far as I know, you can not select a hard drive as input. In fact with version 8, we can no longer 'capture' from a folder on the hard drive which we could in V7.

If the video folder already has menus, then just use Disc Copier to burn to disc.

If you are trying to burn a DVD from a video folder on the hard drive and create menus, then use the video compilation mode of Disc Copier.

Archived