0x80004005

ez2mails

Question

I have Build: 3.0.90a but not with emc80_805_update.exe.

I'm still getting 0x80004005 and ruined my 10 blank DVDs to trash.

Is this product tested before released ? I saw too many peoples complained this version of EMC8.

Please help me out.

:):huh::D

9 answers to this question

Is this product tested before released ? I saw too many peoples complained this version of EMC8.

Please help me out.

More info please....computer specs and what you're doing when you get this error.

Are you burning directly to disc or ISO?

Yes, this product was tested extensively by many, many testers before it was released!

With more and more people using Firefox and other browsers, some forget that EMC 8 requires you to have IE 5 or higher on your computer. Do you have any version of IE and is it up to date? That error could be connected to IE and active server page. Google that error and see which solution works for you.

I am getting the same error and it happens on both of my computers when performing the same steps at attempting to backup either a DVD or a large AVI file. I have tried this process burning directly from the AVI file to DVD, or by burning the file to my computer and then creating the DVD. Same error and another coater. It does seem that this is turning into a rather significant known issue as there are many reports of this error int he forums. Has anyone found a solution?

Please help me out.

Have you applied the fix listed by Patrox at the top of this page with 0x80004005 in the subject line?

The link to the fix is:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3324

I have been very frustrated as well! I kept getting an error 80004003. I spoke with Technical (NO) assistance who was of no help but to try to pin the problem on my computer firmware updates. I found a way to burn my project may be this will help you? I was using VideoWave for a 10min movie I had put together. I got out of videowave and went back to the main menu and selected (Burn a DVD) I think the icon was on the right hand side. Once in there on the right I selected input a movie (I think that is what it said) then I retrieved my movie from my "Recent Projects" and magically it got past the encoding error and burned! YEAH! Hope this helps! Sonic/Roxio has some work to do!

Caroline

I have been very frustrated as well! I kept getting an error 80004003. I spoke with Technical (NO) assistance who was of no help but to try to pin the problem on my computer firmware updates. I found a way to burn my project may be this will help you? I was using VideoWave for a 10min movie I had put together. I got out of videowave and went back to the main menu and selected (Burn a DVD) I think the icon was on the right hand side. Once in there on the right I selected input a movie (I think that is what it said) then I retrieved my movie from my "Recent Projects" and magically it got past the encoding error and burned! YEAH! Hope this helps! Sonic/Roxio has some work to do!

Caroline

I don't understand where you got the 80004003 error since you never describe that. There is no magic way you found to burn the DVD - that is the way it should be done.

More info please....computer specs and what you're doing when you get this error.

Are you burning directly to disc or ISO?

Yes, this product was tested extensively by many, many testers before it was released!

Hi,

I was in DIVxDVD session. Please advice me. thanks.

here is my details:

Hardware Information

--------------------

CPU : Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz

Bus Speed : 133 MHz

Motherboard : MICRO-STAR MS-6577

System : HP DA193A-ABA 754n

BIOS : Phoenix 3.17

Memory : 768 MB

Sound : SB Live! Wave Device

Video : Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Software Information

--------------------

Operating System : Windows XP Home Edition (5.01.2600 Service Pack 2)

Language : English

ANSI Code Page : 1252

OEM Code Page : 437

DirectX : DirectX 9.0c

Drive Information

------------------

Drive : BENQ DVD DC DQ60

Type : DVD-RAM Recorder

Firmware Version : MRDC

Buffer Size : 1419 KB

Date : ?

Serial Number : KWMB507119SC0ÿÿÿ

Vendor Specific :

Drive Letter : H:\

Mechanism : Tray

Read Speed : 10.0 , 8.0 , 1.0 X

Write Speed : 16.0 , 8.0 , 4.0 , 2.4 X

Read CD Text : Yes

Return C2 Pointers : Yes

Read CD-R : Yes

Read CD-RW : Yes

Read DVD-ROM : Yes

Read DVD-RAM : Yes

Read DVD-R : Yes

Read DVD-RW : Yes

Read DVD-R DL : Yes

Read DVD+R : Yes

Read DVD+RW : Yes

Read DVD+R DL : Yes

Read BD-ROM : No

Read BD-R : No

Read BD-RE : No

Read HD DVD-ROM : No

Read HD DVD-R : No

Read HD DVD-RW : No

Read HD-BURN : No

Read Digital Audio : Yes

Read CD+G : No

Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes

Write CD-RW : Yes

Write DVD-R : Yes

Write DVD-RW : Yes

Write DVD-R DL : Yes

Write DVD+R : Yes

Write DVD+RW : Yes

Write DVD+R DL : Yes

Write DVD-RAM : Yes

Write BD-R : No

Write BD-RE : No

Write HD DVD-R : No

Write HD DVD-RW : No

Write HD-BURN-R : No

Write HD-BURN-RW : No

Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes

Mount Rainier : Yes

SolidBurn : No

Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO 16, RAW SAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II

Region : None

Changes User : 5

Changes Vendor : 4

I am getting the same error and it happens on both of my computers when performing the same steps at attempting to backup either a DVD or a large AVI file.

I am using Windows XP SP2 Home on one computer and Pro on the other. One is a notebook and one a desktop and both have the latest firmware and any other available updates. I have also installed the update to EMC 8.05 and the menu hotfix referenced in another post. I have previously had no issue burning DVD's or CD's and this error must indicate something is wrong with EMC 8 as it only appeared after installing EMC 8.

The most recent error comes when I am trying to backup a large AVI file of a movie and burn it to DVD. The AVI file plays fine directly from my computer. I open Disc Copier and find the file using the Video Compilation button. I then tell my computer to burn to DVD. Another Disc Copier window opens and seems to progress Creating DVD to 100% as if it is going fine but it does not complete and the error information is "unspecified error" 0x80004005. The disc must have a tiny track or bit of information burned to it as it is turned into a coaster, but you can not tell anything was written to the DVD.

I have tried this process burning directly from the AVI file to DVD, or by burning the file to my computer and then creating the DVD. Same error and another coater. It does seem that this is turning into a rather significant known issue as there are many reports of this error int he forums. Has anyone found a solution?

Hi,

I was in DIVxDVD session. Please advice me. thanks.

here is my details:

Hardware Information

--------------------

CPU : Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz

Bus Speed : 133 MHz

Motherboard : MICRO-STAR MS-6577

System : HP DA193A-ABA 754n

BIOS : Phoenix 3.17

Memory : 768 MB

Sound : SB Live! Wave Device

Video : Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Unfortunately your on-board video card is not totally compatible with EMC 8 and DirectX 9c. This quote is from the Intel site

Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

What 2D/3D Graphics Features are Supported?

The graphics/video features are divided into two sections:

3D Graphics Features

2D Graphics Features

3D Graphics Features

Full OpenGL* 1.3 ICD (Installable Client Driver)

Compatible with DirectX* 9.0, 8.x, and 7.x

Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported

I have the same card and had all sorts of video related problems until I replaced it with a better video card

Unfortunately your on-board video card is not totally compatible with EMC 8 and DirectX 9c. This quote is from the Intel site

Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

What 2D/3D Graphics Features are Supported?

The graphics/video features are divided into two sections:

3D Graphics Features

2D Graphics Features

3D Graphics Features

Full OpenGL* 1.3 ICD (Installable Client Driver)

Compatible with DirectX* 9.0, 8.x, and 7.x

Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported

I have the same card and had all sorts of video related problems until I replaced it with a better video card

Hmmm.

I think Encoding may not need a H/W feature. EMC8 shouldn't need what your PC graphic card installed for encoding. EMC only need CODEC to do it.

Why does EMC8 need DirectX ?

Pls advice me.

Archived