• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Freezes Whenever I Open It.

dementian27

Question

4 answers to this question

Well the title explains it, when I open toast it just freezes and I can't even force quit it. When I try it still stays running and nothing happens. Whats wrong? Thanks for the help.

I don't know what's caused this. Delete the "com.roxio.Toast.plist" and "Roxio Toast Prefs" files from your user Library Preferences folder. If those aren't there that may be a clue. Trash the Toast folder you dragged to your hard drive from either the install CD or the mounted install disc image. Now reinstall Toast from either the CD or mounted disc image by dragging the Toast 7 Titanium folder to your Applications folder. Launch Toast. The setup assistant will ask you some questions before the application appears.

By the way, which Mac and OS are you using? What Firewire devices are connected to your Mac?

thanks, for some reason Toast doesn't come up in the library. I am useing an iBook G4, Mac OS X 10.4.3, i don't h ave any firewire stuff but i do have USB. I have an Azio external hard drive and a LightOn USB 2.0 external Aluminum burner (DVD). thanks again.

thanks, for some reason Toast doesn't come up in the library. I am useing an iBook G4, Mac OS X 10.4.3, i don't h ave any firewire stuff but i do have USB. I have an Azio external hard drive and a LightOn USB 2.0 external Aluminum burner (DVD). thanks again.

Try launching Toast without the LightOn drive attached. If it opens then you can connect the burner. This shouldn't be necessary but I'm trying anything I can think of.

Archived