• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Certificate Error

Amir

Question

I am having problems running creator 2009 applications. the main application works fine and everything seems to be ok but when i click on any of the components with an arrow next to them (like create dvd, edit video, rip advanced etc.) it says :

"the certificate file is missing or has been currupted. Please re-install it."

and then "no permission to luanch application"

however those components which run within the main application window (like burn data disk or copy disk) work fine.

i tried doing clean install but i get the same error

please help

7 answers to this question

ok. it works now.

i did another clean install and manually deleted all the enties in the registry containing "roxio" or "sonic".

doing a clean install alone is not enough. there are lots of other registry entries in other locations which need to be deleted.

thank you jim

ok. it works now.

i did another clean install and manually deleted all the enties in the registry containing "roxio" or "sonic".

doing a clean install alone is not enough. there are lots of other registry entries in other locations which need to be deleted.

thank you jim

NO there are not!

You delete the entries only in the keys cited by the instructions!!!

Going off on your own will probably bite you in the end as there are Sonic entries in Vista that are part of the operating system.

I had the same problem and it was annoying the sh*t out of me. I finally made one change and the problem went away. The certificates are in a folder:

C:\ProgramData\Sonic

I renamed the folder to sonic_bak...

The clean install instructions actually includes the folder in question to be removed :)

I had the same problem and it was annoying the sh*t out of me. I finally made one change and the problem went away. The certificates are in a folder:

C:\ProgramData\Sonic

I renamed the folder to sonic_bak.

I relaunched Creator and then clicked the sub-applications (links) and I didn't receive any certificate errors. I rebooted and the application was still working. It appears by renaming the certificate folder (sonic) when I relaunched Creator it created a new sonic folder with new certificates and it worked fine.

I hope this solution works for others

The Clean Install is the solution to that error :o

Print out the correct one and redo it, one careful step at a time.

Vista

XP

Let us know.

I will try that once again, but why can't roxio provide a proper uninstall solution that removes all files and registry entries like any other application... ?

Archived