saftydog

Transition Problems (not Smooooth)

Question

I just put together my first 10min family movie on Creator 8 / Videowave. I have noticed during the transitions that my transitions look like jarbal? Like a satillite is fading out. I have attempted several times to change my transitions, thinking this would clean it up. I am simply using dissolves the whole way through. Some transitions are fine, others look horrible! I did not have this problem with 7.5? Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

There is a definite degradation to the video for me as well wherever I made an edit or a second before and after transitions. I did not notice this in version 7 or 7.5.

I know this is going to sound like a broken record but it is just possible that the issue is your video card. Some of the transitions are 3d, others are somewhat complex. This program does hand off much of the rendering to the video card. If it just adequate, you may see some problems.

Try this, go to VideoWave and select tools/options. Run the video test. Does the program default to hardware or software? Now select software and use that to create your production. It may take a little longer but it should be of good quality, burn to a DVD, do not rely on the preview. Use the iso method for best results. If the test defaults to software, you may want to update your drivers or get a better video card. If hardware, still see if there is an update for your drivers for that card. What card do you have?

I just put together my first 10min family movie on Creator 8 / Videowave. I have noticed during the transitions that my transitions look like jarbal? Like a satillite is fading out. I have attempted several times to change my transitions, thinking this would clean it up. I am simply using dissolves the whole way through. Some transitions are fine, others look horrible! I did not have this problem with 7.5? Any suggestions?

Many people have found that the rendering in V 7 is better than in V8. If you have it, you may want to reload it on your computer.

I know that you have posted several times but it is difficult to go back through all the old posts. Please edit your signature to include your computer specs, OS, EMC Version, etc. Thanks, that way, people don't keep asking you for that information (and telling you to upgrade).

There is a definite degradation to the video for me as well wherever I made an edit or a second before and after transitions. I did not notice this in version 7 or 7.5.

Changing my settings from allowing my hardware to encode my video to allowing my software to encode it made all the difference in making my transitions smooth. So for anyone with this problem, try that out, it made all the difference. It also didn't seem to take all that longer for me anyway. A program I was screaming at yesterday is a gem today all over changing that one little setting. Click options and in the top left you'll see a place to select software... select it and enjoy the sweet moment of victory as your video is produced with flawless transitioning. At least it did for me. (I'm using Roxio 10 Pro on Windows 7).

Changing my settings from allowing my hardware to encode my video to allowing my software to encode it made all the difference in making my transitions smooth. So for anyone with this problem, try that out, it made all the difference. It also didn't seem to take all that longer for me anyway. A program I was screaming at yesterday is a gem today all over changing that one little setting. Click options and in the top left you'll see a place to select software... select it and enjoy the sweet moment of victory as your video is produced with flawless transitioning. At least it did for me. (I'm using Roxio 10 Pro on Windows 7).

Do you know what necroposting is? It is posting to a thread that is long dead. I think that a thread in EMC 8 that is more than 5 years old qualifies. do you even know if that option was available then? Stick with what you know and have personally experienced. :angry2:

BTW, you are using Roxio Creator 2010 (or simply Creator 2010) ; not Roxio 10 Pro. Don't shorten it to Creator 10 which are OEM versions. You must be accurate and current.