• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Product Key

keenkahm

Question

5 answers to this question

James is absolutely correct. If you start a post for a given subject, then stick to it. Even though your post and this one might be similar, stay with your own post.

However, to help with the subject, A "Product Key" is absolutely necessary to be able to install the program, where "Registering" the program in a different matter. You don't necessarily have to "Register" to install the program. Although it is a good idea after you install to go ahead with the registration.

Frank....(Apologies James for continuing the post)

I was curious what is meant by a roxio product not having a product key (i.e. reselling on ebay, etc). Is this key used just for registration, or will the product not work without the key.

thanks

There are bootleg versions of popular programs available in various places which have been modified to incorporate the required key directly into the installation routine. These are not legitimate program offerings from the manufacturer - they are bootleg. I don't know if Roxio's program offerings have been subjected to this type of bootlegging.

There are also "oem" or "basic" versions of burning engines and programs which are typically packaged with burners and computers. These are stripped down versions of the software without all the bells, whistles and options available in the full retail version. They frequently do not require a product key to install. Roxio's Easy CD Creator oem program versions at least through version 5 did not require a product key to install. I can't speak to later oem Roxio program versions as I do not have any on hand.

Archived