• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Remove The Emulated Dvd Drom Drive?

faosfx

Question

EMC8 has installed an emulated DVD rom drive or I have caused it do that while fooling around with some options myself. I completely uninstalled EMC 8 and the emulated DVD rom drive is still there! How can I unmount this thing? How do I get rid of it? Any help here?

6 answers to this question

You're welcome.Sorry you gotta go thru the reinstall again.Good luck.

Say, is an emulated drive the same thing as a virtual drive? I have wanted to have a reliable virtual drive for years now (free of charge), and if I can get it with my existing (expensive) Roxio software that would be dandy. There are so many redundant capabilities built into software suites these days that I can't keep track of them, but it would be lovely to discover that I already have something I can use without having to buy a stand-alone application or venture into the jungle of do-it-yourself instruction sets.

Say, is an emulated drive the same thing as a virtual drive? I have wanted to have a reliable virtual drive for years now (free of charge), and if I can get it with my existing (expensive) Roxio software that would be dandy. There are so many redundant capabilities built into software suites these days that I can't keep track of them, but it would be lovely to discover that I already have something I can use without having to buy a stand-alone application or venture into the jungle of do-it-yourself instruction sets.

Yes, an emulated drive is the same thing as a virtual drive. I've actually got both the Roxio Drive Image Loader (virtual drive) and the free DAEMON tools emulator running on my machine. They get along quite nicely.

Yes, an emulated drive is the same thing as a virtual drive. I've actually got both the Roxio Drive Image Loader (virtual drive) and the free DAEMON tools emulator running on my machine. They get along quite nicely.

That is terrific news. I haven't taken it for a spin yet, if you'll pardon the expression, but you have just made my day. Thank you very much.

Archived