Emc 7 Captire - Video Capture Format Is Now Blank

kyrenia2

Question

Tried this morning to capture my MiniDV camcorder using Firewire input. This worked last time I used it (August last year).

Now when I try I get a blank Video Capture Format box, and if I try to capture any way its says "Not Captured".

I assume this is a Windows update of some description (SP2 ?). I have tried disabling the firewall , and adding RoxioCapture7.exe to the allowed programs, but no success.

Ulead and Windows Movie Maker still work OK, which I'm now using.

Anybody else got around this ?

Regards

Dave

8 answers to this question

If one can remember exactly what was the last thing you did just before the problem existed, like down loading the lastest MS SP2 files, it would sure help. If Roxio capture works one day and then quits the next day, it is usually do to a change that was made by the operator in some way, not knowing what all had been changed.

I'm still not so sure that even if MS came back with a fix for any firewire settings they changed, it still might have left something on the system that would interfere with Roxio's Capture through IEEE1394. (And thanks ml for the tip about the MS download changing something in the Firewire process. I didn't know that).

Do you have a "Restore" point that you could go back to, when the Capture program worked O.K. ? You might try that. Then try and figure out what changes might have been made in between those dates.

Frank....

Thanks for the reply,

Checked Windows Update and all up to date. Also tried Repair from Add/Remove Programs.

But, still shows a blank box for the Capture Format.

Anything else worth trying ?

Plan B: Try capturing in Windows Movie Maker.

If that doesn't work, the problem is likely your camcorder/cable/Firewire card or driver.

Greetings,

I got the same problem Monday. Capture screen is blank. No files when I open VideoWave when I open it.

i've tried to contact Roxio with no success.

I also followed suggestions in this thread. No success.

:) yet trying to be patient.

I captured a video from my DV Sony camera. It was captured. I opened Video Wave 7. No files in window pane. Whet to capture and got a blank screen.

Windows Media Vedeo capture works fine.

Any help? Thanks

Roxio-You out there?

Greetings,

I got the same problem Monday. Capture screen is blank. No files when I open VideoWave when I open it.

I captured a video from my DV Sony camera. It was captured. I opened Video Wave 7. No files in window pane. Whet to capture and got a blank screen.

Any help? Thanks

Roxio-You out there?

What is your setup?Connections? What are your computer specs? Does the captured video play though Windows Media Player?

This is not Roxio support site but only users helping users.

Guest mlpasley

First, make certain that you've downloaded the latest Windows Updates. One of the earlier updates changed some firewire settings and they issued another update to correct the problem, but it's not specifically noted in the update.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a Windows\ Add Remove Programs\ Roxio\ Change\ Repair.

It is possible that the media manager files have become corrupted. Try the fix posted here.:

Greetings,I got the same problem Monday. Capture screen is blank. No files when I open VideoWave when I open it.

Any help? Thanks

Roxio-You out there?

Guest mlpasley
Tried this morning to capture my MiniDV camcorder using Firewire input. This worked last time I used it (August last year).

I assume this is a Windows update of some description (SP2 ?). I have tried disabling the firewall , and adding RoxioCapture7.exe to the allowed programs, but no success.

Ulead and Windows Movie Maker still work OK, which I'm now using.

Ok. You've check for updates to Windows, right? SP2 did have an update that changed some settings, but they had an update to fix that.

Did you happen to install ULead since the last time you used EMC7 Capture? It's possible that it's now your default capture program.

I'd recommend that you capture in DV AVI using either Windows Movie Maker or ULead. When you capture, make certain that you know where the video is being stored. Then it's easy to use that video in VideoWave. Just find the folder on your computer (Media Selector Window\ Folders) and you'll be able to use the video.

Archived