• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
tjhamrick

Play All Button

Question

I am making a DVD for my daugthers 8th grade class. I have already created many movies which are saved in VideoWave. I would like to be adle to add all of these movies to MyDVD and then create a still picture menu with just one PLAY ALL button. I would like this one button to play the entire video from beginning to end. I am new to this and the things that I have tried have not worked. The only way I have been able to get it to work is to create in MyDVD with all unlinked videos...but this does not allow me to put the PLAY ALL button at the beginning. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANKS

12 answers to this question

I would like this one button to play the entire video from beginning to end.

If you are placing more than one TITLE on the MAIN menu, only EMC 8 Deluxe can create a 'Play All' button.

In the stand-alone versions of MyDVD and Essentials/Standard versions of EMC8, this feature is not available. However you can combine all the movies into a single Button and then have a second button for chapters that takes the viewer to a submenu.

If you are placing more than one TITLE on the MAIN menu, only EMC 8 Deluxe can create a 'Play All' button.

In the stand-alone versions of MyDVD and Essentials/Standard versions of EMC8, this feature is not available. However you can combine all the movies into a single Button and then have a second button for chapters that takes the viewer to a submenu.

I have the EMC 8 Suite and not the Deluxe. I do not know how to comine all the movies into a single button for a 'Play All' button. I have tried to follow other instructions posted on this sight, but my movies always return to the menu after each movie...

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Hold down the Control key and click on each file.

Click Add button

This puts all the files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order, you can click on EDIT MOVIE. In the storyboard mode, just drag the panels in the correct order. Click BACK TO MENU

Rename the button PLAY ALL

Select the button and copy to clipboard

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Move this button and rename SELECT MOVIE (or whatever)

Right click on it and EDIT CHAPTER

Put a chapter mark where the begining of each movie was.

Done

You should have two buttons: Play ALL and Select Movie

The Select Movie button will take you to a submenu where the viewer can choose for those files you added.

Hi Gary

The number of times you repeat how to add a play all button you should pin it to the top of the pageand save

yourself some typing lol!

While you are at it, you may want to paste "update your video drivers" ! :)

:huh: Thanks... Not a bad idea

I must be doing something wrong because once I open MyDVD, Click Add New movie, choose my files by holding down the control key and clicking the Open button, I end up with the following:

-My Menu

---Movie1

---Movie2

---Movie3

All 3 of the movies are seperate buttons. I had tried your instructions from previous posts before I posted this. I was hoping maybe there was a step missing.

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Hold down the Control key and click on each file.

Click Add button

This puts all the files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order, you can click on EDIT MOVIE. In the storyboard mode, just drag the panels in the correct order. Click BACK TO MENU

Rename the button PLAY ALL

Select the button and copy to clipboard

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Move this button and rename SELECT MOVIE (or whatever)

Right click on it and EDIT CHAPTER

Put a chapter mark where the begining of each movie was.

Done

You should have two buttons: Play ALL and Select Movie

The Select Movie button will take you to a submenu where the viewer can choose for those files you added.

Sounds like you are doing it correctly.

In the first step, use the YELLOW FOLDER mode of the media selector and see if that makes a difference.

post-49-1144710277.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

I must be doing something wrong because once I open MyDVD, Click Add New movie, choose my files by holding down the control key and clicking the Open button, I end up with the following:

-My Menu

---Movie1

---Movie2

---Movie3

All 3 of the movies are seperate buttons. I had tried your instructions from previous posts before I posted this. I was hoping maybe there was a step missing.

In order to do what Gary is suggesting, I believe all the files must be video files; MPG, AVI. etc. extension. If the three files are Videowave files, dmsm extensions, you will get the three buttons rather than one button even if you hold down the control key. MyDVD can add multiple video files to a button, but can only add one dmsm (Videowave) file per button.

If your files are Videowave files, you will have to create video files for each. To do that, in Videowave, click File\Output As, select the type of file you want, and then click the Create Video File button. Do this will all projects and then import into MyDVD using Gary's instructions.

Thanks Merv... Guess I shouldn't assume the poster was using video files. :)

No problem Gary. Actually, there is a way to add multiple dmsm files to a single button. Add the first dmsm via Add New Movie. That places the thumbnail on the menu. Then, click View\Media Selector, navigate to the other dmsm files, and drag them one at a time to the thumbnail on the menu.

I don't normally suggest that because MyDVD on my system seems to become unstable. About have the time it freezes and I have to shut it down using the Task Manager. It will freeze everytime if I press the Edit Movie button after adding the extra dmsm files. I do not think it was ever designed to work this way, so I guess it "confuses" the program sometimes.

Thanks to smervine for putting in the information regarding the Videowave files. Everything that I had made in Videowave was a slideshow. I made Video files exactly the way you had instructed. Next I followed ggrussell's instructions for making a PLAY ALL button...and it worked!!! THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!