Encoding Skipping Pictures When Burning

Damon J

Question

:angry: I have Roxio Creator 2009. i have created a video project using pictures and everything plays fine. When I go to burn the DVD during the encoding process there are some pictures that don't come through. I have played the video in preview mode in MyDVD and it plays fine there. What would be causing this issue? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

I recently updated to Roxio Creator 2009. It had been working great for me with the AVCHD format. I use the Canon HF 100.

In addition, I went ahead and updated my video card to an Nvidia GeForce BFG Tech 9400 GT card and updated the drivers and added a Maxtor 1TB drive to accommodate the AVCHD files.

PC spec are...

AMD Dual Core 3600+ 1.9GHz, 2GB of RAM

Nvidia GeForce BFG Tech 9400 GT

Roxio Creator 2009

320G Hard Drive - Where audio, pictures and video files are.

1TB Hard Drive

I created a slide show with pictures and video AVCHD files. When I burn a DVD I see photos missing. I had this problem before and was able to fix it by doing the following. But the problem still exists.

1. DMA mode is not available on one of the drives. I don’t know how to check to see which one it is. Enable write caching is checked on both.

2. dxdiag installed and executed.

3. msconfig installed and turned off programs running in the background.

4. Graphics Test.... passes

5. Adjusted hardware acceleration.

6. Fit to disk burn does the same thing.

7. Defrag drives

8 Anti-Viris Off

9. Latest Drivers for CD Rom and Video Card.

10. Rebooted Several Times

11. Rendered by clicking software in Tools>options

12. Created an ISO file and still have an issue with missing pictures.

By the way, the missing pictures hapens in the encoding preview window. Once I see a picture missing. I stop it from making coasters.

All videos, pictures and music files are on the same drive.

Thanks for your help.

I recently updated to Roxio Creator 2009. It had been working great for me with the AVCHD format. I use the Canon HF 100.

In addition, I went ahead and updated my video card to an Nvidia GeForce BFG Tech 9400 GT card and updated the drivers and added a Maxtor 1TB drive to accommodate the AVCHD files.

PC spec are...

AMD Dual Core 3600+ 1.9GHz, 2GB of RAM

Nvidia GeForce BFG Tech 9400 GT

Roxio Creator 2009

320G Hard Drive - Where audio, pictures and video files are.

1TB Hard Drive

I created a slide show with pictures and video AVCHD files. When I burn a DVD I see photos missing. I had this problem before and was able to fix it by doing the following. But the problem still exists.

1. DMA mode is not available on one of the drives. I don’t know how to check to see which one it is. Enable write caching is checked on both.

2. dxdiag installed and executed.

3. msconfig installed and turned off programs running in the background.

4. Graphics Test.... passes

5. Adjusted hardware acceleration.

6. Fit to disk burn does the same thing.

7. Defrag drives

8 Anti-Viris Off

9. Latest Drivers for CD Rom and Video Card.

10. Rebooted Several Times

11. Rendered by clicking software in Tools>options

12. Created an ISO file and still have an issue with missing pictures.

By the way, the missing pictures hapens in the encoding preview window. Once I see a picture missing. I stop it from making coasters.

All videos, pictures and music files are on the same drive.

Thanks for your help.

Re-read Post #2, in this thread.

Also, leave the quality setting at High Quality (HQ). Don't change it to Fit to Disc. Burn to an .iso file, again.

Nope. Encoding preview still has pictures missing in HQ mode when making a iso file and I used the software rendering setting.

I'm having the same problem with pictures getting dropped during rendering.

I've also tried just creating the ISO image, and as with others, the image is dropped while it's going through the rendering process. The render preview will go black on the pictures it's dropping.

I've also tried just creating the ISO image, and as with others, the image is dropped while it's going through the rendering process. The render preview will go black on the pictures it's dropping.

What is the difference between those that are being dropped an the others - format, resolution, location (before or after a different transition, etc?

Try this. on the pictures that are being dropped, double click on it. That will be an editor. Do anything like add a 1 pixel blur, sharpen, etc.

Close the editor and see if it works now.

Post back on how that works. You may have to delete the picture and then re-add it to the project.

What program are you using to create your slideshow? You have not given much information except "me too"

I think I need to clarify a little bit. It's not really a pause but it's the point where the 2 files have been "joined" that it is very noticable that it is starting to play the 2nd file.

I am completely lost :blink: What does this have to do with your first post in this thread?

The two "me too" posters that butted into this thread are also confusing everything :angry: