• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Getting Started Help...

dgi

Question

4 answers to this question

start the program. press the #2 on your keyboard to change the interface view. on the right is your pallette where you will import images, video and audio into your project. on your left is a tree view of your project. drag images and video onto the titles area to create slideshows and timelines. drag images and video clips onto the menu area to create a menu background. drag a slideshow or timeline onto the menu from the tree and it will create thumbnail link to that asset. if you want to have text links instead, use the text tool to write on your menu and then drag the slideshow or movie onto the text. if you want a button link, click on the buttons section of the pallette and drag a button onto your menu, then drag a slideshow or video onto the button. those are the basics.

Thank you for your reply SS Scott. Do you or anybody reading know of a book or something to help a person through this? Scott's insight was helpful, but I'm still no closer to making a DVD.

Thanks,

dgi

There is a very informative tutorial for DVDit Pro HD you can find here. I have the Pro version and haven't used the standard version in a long time and don't know how much it differs but I'm very sure this will give you a good kick start.

I guess I'm missing a lot because I've watched that too. I'm trying to make a simple menu for a video I've made in Avid. I imported the video (I want to use for the menu) into the Media portion of the palette window. I dragged and dropped that video into the menu and then added text in the preview window. Next I right clicked the project in the preview window and selected add movie. I then went to burn, select burn DVD and clicked on ok, and I get a media incompatible error. I'm using a quicktime file. I don't want to create anything sophisticated, Any suggestions?