Playback In Videowave/label Creator

joanieliz

Question

IWhen I playback my video in video wave, without warning the sound will suddenly distort and the film becomes jerky. I close the programme and when I go back in it is fine. ANy suggestions on how to fix this please?

I only recently upgraded to 8 and did not have this problem in 7. Which leads me to the next question. I have been unable to find label creator in 8. I know it must be there - it is referred to in help - but the only label creator I have found is a very basic one with pre set labels. I have consequently returned to 7 to make my labels. I have rummaged to no avail. Please direct me....

Many thanks

2 answers to this question

Make sure that the proxy file manager has completed its work before trying to play back the project. If it is still working, it may be taking a significant amount of CPU time. When you close and reopen, it may just finish quickly. Make sure that when you are doing any video work, you are not doing anything else (like scanning your drive for viruses - automatic scan). If fact for best results you should be off the internet and have shut down all your programs that you do not need to keep running.

Label Creator can be reached from the home page , near the top, click on Applications and you'll see it - fifth one down.

thankyou for your response, sknis, no chance to get to my computer before today- bank hol weekend now - bliss. I will mind what you advised for my next project.

Thanks for guiding me to label creator, I did not rummage hard enough !!!!!

I appreciate your help.

Joanie

IWhen I playback my video in video wave, without warning the sound will suddenly distort and the film becomes jerky. I close the programme and when I go back in it is fine. ANy suggestions on how to fix this please?

I only recently upgraded to 8 and did not have this problem in 7. Which leads me to the next question. I have been unable to find label creator in 8. I know it must be there - it is referred to in help - but the only label creator I have found is a very basic one with pre set labels. I have consequently returned to 7 to make my labels. I have rummaged to no avail. Please direct me....

Many thanks

Make sure that the proxy file manager has completed its work before trying to play back the project. If it is still working, it may be taking a significant amount of CPU time. When you close and reopen, it may just finish quickly. Make sure that when you are doing any video work, you are not doing anything else (like scanning your drive for viruses - automatic scan). If fact for best results you should be off the internet and have shut down all your programs that you do not need to keep running.

Label Creator can be reached from the home page , near the top, click on Applications and you'll see it - fifth one down.

Archived