• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrade From 5 Platinum To 7.5 In Xp

bullitt5094

Question

Had HD crash while running 7.5 under Win 2000 Pro. Did new install of XP. I orginally upgraded to 7.5 from 5. I installed 5 with the patches then tried to upgrade to 7.5 again, but this time when I load the same upgrade downloaded files it tells me I need 7 installed to load 7.5. I've never owned 7. I went from 5 to 7.5 when I purchased the 7.5 upgrade. I still have my original 5 disc and I have the upgrade file and license email from when I purchased the upgrade. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 answer to this question

Had HD crash while running 7.5 under Win 2000 Pro. Did new install of XP. I orginally upgraded to 7.5 from 5. I installed 5 with the patches then tried to upgrade to 7.5 again, but this time when I load the same upgrade downloaded files it tells me I need 7 installed to load 7.5. I've never owned 7. I went from 5 to 7.5 when I purchased the 7.5 upgrade. I still have my original 5 disc and I have the upgrade file and license email from when I purchased the upgrade. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You are missing the fact that if you purchased the upgrade 7.5 version, it only upgrades if you have 7.0 on your hard drive. If you bought the full version of 7.5, then it should load with no problem and has absolutely no requirement to have version 5 or version 7 on your computer.

If you actually purchased the $30 upgrade, then you surly never had it running if you tried to install it without version 7 being on your computer.

Archived