malatekid

Youtube - "watch in high quality" Button

I just noticed that YouTube now has a button right below the preview screen. It appears to be available only for new uploaded video clips. It makes a difference in the viewing quality of the clip.

Before turning on the "watch in high quality" button:

post-114-1222473208.jpg

After turning on the "watch in high quality" button:

post-114-1222473234.jpg

Edited by malatekid

I just noticed that YouTube now has a button right below the preview screen. It appears to be available only for new uploaded video clips. It makes a difference in the viewing quality of the clip.

I'll have to check it out, later. Thanks for posting that information, Jess.

You're welcome, Bruce.

I guess you have to give instruction to prospective viewer (friends/relatives) of your video clips to turn on that option.

I just wonder why YouTube doesn't make "high quality" as the default viewing option.

Edited by malatekid

I've seen that for a few weeks now but don't know how long it's been there. Huge difference if you have the bandwidth.

I've seen that for a few weeks now but don't know how long it's been there. Huge difference if you have the bandwidth.

You knew about it for a while now and never told us? :D:lol::D

I just wonder why YouTube doesn't make "high quality" as the default viewing option.
There are several requirements. First the video must be 640x480 or larger and the viewer must have high speed internet connection. I think it's been there for some time now. Edited by ggrussell

To get that "high quality" option, a video

says the video should be in either Divx, Xvid or h.264 format, 600kBits/s, and at least 480x360 in screen size.

Also, I found a tip where, if you have fast connection, you adjust the setting in your YouTube account to enable high quality playback:

post-114-1222523855.jpg

Edited by malatekid

You sure can tell the difference in the two shots Jess. Good to know. I rarely look at anything on Youtube, but will remember that option if I do.

Frank...

To get that "high quality" option, a video
says the video should be in either Divx, Xvid or h.264 format, 600kBits/s, and at least 480x360 in screen size.

Also, I found a tip where, if you have fast connection, you adjust the setting in your YouTube account to enable high quality playback:

post-114-1222523855.jpg

Still not up to HD like Vimeo. LOL