• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 11 Content Error "you Must Install Roxio Easy Creator 10 Before Installing The Content"

NotPleased

Question

Each time I attempt to install Creator 2009 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate, I get error message after a long install of products:

EMC 11 Content error "You must install Roxio Easy Creator 10 before installing the Content"

Note the reference to Creator 10. I do not have that product and am installing from "Installation DVD Disc 1" using default install.

Pressing the modal "OK" button (only option available) rolls back the whole installation (apparently).

This is not a very entertaining way to spend time.

20 answers to this question

Each time I attempt to install Creator 2009 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate, I get error message after a long install of products:

EMC 11 Content error "You must install Roxio Easy Creator 10 before installing the Content"

Note the reference to Creator 10. I do not have that product and am installing from "Installation DVD Disc 1" using default install.

Pressing the modal "OK" button (only option available) rolls back the whole installation (apparently).

This is not a very entertaining way to spend time.

I understand. Have you tried Roxio Technical Support?

I also have the exact same problem installing Creator 2009 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate and got the same error message.

I then emailed technical support (apparently calling them is very expensive.)

They responded that I should download the file again.

I responded that I didn't download it but purchased a CD.

They did not respond.

When "reinstalling", are you doing a clean install or just reloading the software? If the latter, try printing out the clean install instructions available at the link and follow them....

Thanks for the info on clean install. My original attempt to reinstall was without following the clean install routine. Subsequent attempts were going through those steps. Each time a long install process ends with it backing out the install. The last attempt just went into back-out mode without pausing for confirmation (i.e. no modal message).

I do have .NET Framework version 3.5.21022 (part of Visual Studio 2008) installed. I'm hoping to hear from Roxio folks to confirm that removing this is part of a real "solution". Can anyone confirm that is "really" necessary? Thanks in advance; there are obviously several helpful folks checking this site.

Thanks for the info on clean install. My original attempt to reinstall was without following the clean install routine. Subsequent attempts were going through those steps. Each time a long install process ends with it backing out the install. The last attempt just went into back-out mode without pausing for confirmation (i.e. no modal message).

I do have .NET Framework version 3.5.21022 (part of Visual Studio 2008) installed. I'm hoping to hear from Roxio folks to confirm that removing this is part of a real "solution". Can anyone confirm that is "really" necessary? Thanks in advance; there are obviously several helpful folks checking this site.

by any chance did you check ms kb951950?

by any chance did you check ms kb951950?

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Brief Description

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP

Important: Please read the release notes for known issues before you install the service pack. Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows on the computer.

hope this is helpful

Yes, I have still have the exact same problem and have tried the same things - it's been 5 days now and no tech support person has responded to my query via the online help ticket system.

If this product does not work with Vista SP1, then I'd like to know how I can my money back if I purchased the product from an external vendor (in this case buy.com).

If there is a workaround to make it work then wll someone please tell me what it is!

Thanks.

Refunds from a third party will have to be done through them - sorry about that

It does install on Vista SP1 - but there is a problem with dotNET 3.5 if SP1 has been installed first. If you have that installed, then uninstall it and also SP1 for dotNET 2 (if you have that installed). The 3.5 installer in the suite will install the patches for 2.

Follow the clean install instructions for the suite - to the letter and don't skip any steps. Print it out from here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR

There are problems installing if, and ONLY if, there is an OS problem (which is far more common than some people suppose)

I've been reading these posts as I have the same issues on a Vista 32 bit machine. Roxio tech support just sent me a message that I should go onto the Microsoft site and download the .net 3.5 update. I already had this installed on my computer before the Creator load. Tried the repair function and then tried to reload Creator. Still got the same error. Looking through my update list, I don't see a .net 2.0 update. Therefore, I am going to try uninstalling 3.5 and then perform a clean install of Creator. If that doesn't work, I've wasted enough time on this and willt take the software back for Ultimate. Hopefully that will load on my machine. Will update here if it works.

I've been reading these posts as I have the same issues on a Vista 32 bit machine. Roxio tech support just sent me a message that I should go onto the Microsoft site and download the .net 3.5 update. I already had this installed on my computer before the Creator load. Tried the repair function and then tried to reload Creator. Still got the same error. Looking through my update list, I don't see a .net 2.0 update. Therefore, I am going to try uninstalling 3.5 and then perform a clean install of Creator. If that doesn't work, I've wasted enough time on this and willt take the software back for Ultimate. Hopefully that will load on my machine. Will update here if it works.

I don't think there is any point in trying Ultimate if you cannot install this version. There is basically no difference.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant Pinnacle Studio (12?) Ultimate.

It took me a few hours last night to roll back my recent windows updates given all the times I had to reboot. I've also completely removed Roxio/Sonic apps per the clean install instructions.

However, I have not yet re-loaded Creator. I'm trying to decide if I should follow Roxio's advice and load .net 3.5 from Microsoft first or if I should just load Creator given its supposed to do this prior to loading the Creator code.

Any thoughts here?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant Pinnacle Studio (12?) Ultimate.

It took me a few hours last night to roll back my recent windows updates given all the times I had to reboot. I've also completely removed Roxio/Sonic apps per the clean install instructions.

However, I have not yet re-loaded Creator. I'm trying to decide if I should follow Roxio's advice and load .net 3.5 from Microsoft first or if I should just load Creator given its supposed to do this prior to loading the Creator code.

Any thoughts here?

I did not have .net 3.5 loaded on my computer, when I installed Creator 2009, and mine installed fine.

Edited by grandpabruce

I did not have .net 3.5 loaded on my computer, when I installed Creator 2009, and mine installed fine.

I did not even have .Net 2.0 on my computer. Installing C2009 took care of everything without wasting time on any install suggested by MS.

I've been reading these posts as I have the same issues on a Vista 32 bit machine

cd ;)

I give up. Uninstalling all the recent Windows updates and then performing a clean install didn't solve the problem. Looks like I'm heading over to the Pinnacle discussion group! Even if I don't get my money back, the time I've spent trying to solve this issue was worth 5 times that.

Somehow it looks like there's a registry key that gets left behind during an unexpected rollback that prevents installation of the Content piece.

When attempting to run the installer again it prevents the Content from installing.

Try removing this registry for the Ultimate version and it should get you by the Content installer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{09EA3E66-F60C-45EF-9C16-6CA2262E21C4} (Ultimate Edition)

Here's the key for Non-Ultimate edition

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7A7B3764-7F17-4AB1-A1D3-3B01F5F07445} (Creator 2009)