• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Copy And Convert Mpeg-2

CJRyan

Question

I am having a problem copying DVD video to MPEG-2 format using Video copy and convert.

One certain videos the MPEG-2 file is incomplete. It happens in the same place every time and only occurs when selecting options that result in the file being copied, as opposed to converted, to the new file format.

Settings such as:

Framerate: NTSC (29.7 fps)

Output resolution: Default

Now the Preview/Trim movie option will play the video to completion as will selecting any option that requires actually converting the data. I would like to avoid converting the data, the copy is MUCH faster and converting does seem to decrease the quality of the video no matter what options I try.

So, any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

I am having a problem copying DVD video to MPEG-2 format using Video copy and convert.

One certain videos the MPEG-2 file is incomplete. It happens in the same place every time and only occurs when selecting options that result in the file being copied, as opposed to converted, to the new file format.

Settings such as:

Framerate: NTSC (29.7 fps)

Output resolution: Default

Now the Preview/Trim movie option will play the video to completion as will selecting any option that requires actually converting the data. I would like to avoid converting the data, the copy is MUCH faster and converting does seem to decrease the quality of the video no matter what options I try.

So, any suggestions?

Do you mean you are converting the DVD video to mpeg2? If yes, why? the video on the DVD (the vob files) is already in the mpeg2 format. What do you want to do with the video?

Do you mean you are converting the DVD video to mpeg2? If yes, why? the video on the DVD (the vob files) is already in the mpeg2 format. What do you want to do with the video?

I am placing them on a media vault for access by media extenders placed in my bedroom, office, living room and kitchen.

The problem appears to be the source you are using. From the sound of it you are using a source that you have recorded from a DVD Recorder???

In that case you will have to use VideoWave and import all of it or you might try using DVD 'plus' discs in the Recorder.

Don't spare details when you post, there is no extra charge for the words. :D

The problem appears to be the source you are using. From the sound of it you are using a source that you have recorded from a DVD Recorder???

In that case you will have to use VideoWave and import all of it or you might try using DVD 'plus' discs in the Recorder.

Don't spare details when you post, there is no extra charge for the words. :D

I doubt it is the source when the preview option plays the video to completion and if the options require conversion then it does not cut if off. Unfortunately it also seems to do an extremely poor job converting any source in 16:9 format.

I also tried videowave and must admit the video looked great, but the sound is completely out of sync. It was off by several seconds when converting directly from the DVD so I tried copying the video to the hard drive first and while it was still out of sync, it was only off by a second or 2. Maybe if I make a ram disk it will be fast enough to sync up?

I used version 10 several times, for small projects, and was pretty well satisfied with the results. So when I decided to try a larger project I thought upgrading to the latest version first would be the best way to go... my mistake.

Just about everything I have tried has either not worked or left me disastisfied with the results. I have reached the point where the amount of time I have spent trying to get 'something' in this product to work has exceeded the cost of trying something else and writing off the $70 upgrade as buyer-beware.