• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 113 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
glvn60@gmail.com

Emc8 -slide Show Won't Work

Question

When in "Home" in EMC 8 I click on create slideshow. Page closes, and instead of a component opening, the original home page pops back up. Irf I open photos and go to create slide show, a slide show page opens but there is no way to add photos are begin a new slide show.

Any ideas?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

When in "Home" in EMC 8 I click on create slideshow. Page closes, and instead of a component opening, the original home page pops back up. Irf I open photos and go to create slide show, a slide show page opens but there is no way to add photos are begin a new slide show.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Try using VideoWave and see what happens. VideoWave is the program, in this suite, that you should be using to create any video production.

I looked for Create Slideshow when in Home, and I don't see it. I see Create DVD, but that is the wrong program to use to create your slide show.

Try using VideoWave and see what happens. VideoWave is the program, in this suite, that you should be using to create any video production.

I looked for Create Slideshow when in Home, and I don't see it. I see Create DVD, but that is the wrong program to use to create your slide show.

It's in photo on the home page and opens slideshow assistant. But Bruce is right use videowave it gives you alot more options.

It's in photo on the home page and opens slideshow assistant. But Bruce is right use videowave it gives you alot more options.

Thanks, Alan. I did not even think to look under Photo. :) Probably, because I never use anything but VideoWave for video work.

Thanks, Alan. I did not even think to look under Photo. :) Probably, because I never use anything but VideoWave for video work.

Same here but i just tried it and worked fine i notice in the OP signature theres no video card listed.Maybe this is the problem also do you have the latest Direct-X Feb 2006 i think.

Thought that the 345 was the model number - it is the processor. Please post your model number and perhaps someone can look to see if there are any updates for your computer. Sure sound like a video card/chip problem. Perhaps a driver update will fix it. What screen resolution are you using? If it is the a1200 series, it has an integrated video chip. You can try the updates available but you may want to consider getting an add on video card (under $50 or so). Laptops with integrated chips can run this program so yours should work but it may be very slow.

If you open VideoWave, you should not get the assistant. Again, open VideoWave from the 'home" Tab then Applications. What do you see? I'm not a big fan of the Assistants and some people have had problems with them but no the full application (like VideoWave).

Just to be sure, do you have a Version of EMC or a version of MyDVD that came with the computer?

I opened video wave and clicked new slideshow... The slideshowassistant opens but nothing on the page can be done. No add photos on page.
Edited by sknis

Thought that the 345 was the model number - it is the processor. Please post your model number and perhaps someone can look to see if there are any updates for your computer. Sure sound like a video card/chip problem. Perhaps a driver update will fix it. What screen resolution are you using? If it is the a1200 series, it has an integrated video chip. You can try the updates available but you may want to consider getting an add on video card (under $50 or so). Laptops with integrated chips can run this program so yours should work but it may be very slow.

If you open VideoWave, you should not get the assistant. Again, open VideoWave from the 'home" Tab then Applications. What do you see? I'm not a big fan of the Assistants and some people have had problems with them but no the full application (like VideoWave).

Just to be sure, do you have a Version of EMC or a version of MyDVD that came with the computer?

Thanks for the reply...

Version is 8.05 Model # of Pavillion HP computer is: A1110N. It came with an on-board grahpic card and I now use an ITA 250M graphics card.

I reinstalled EMC 7 and is all works fine. EMC 8 gives me nothing but headaches.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for that card; that you have the latest version of DirectX 9©. Set card performance to best performance ; not best appearance., screen resolution to at least 1280 by 720. Get more memory as soon as you have the money; set virtual memory to at least 1.5 times your actual memory.

Thanks for the reply...

Version is 8.05 Model # of Pavillion HP computer is: A1110N. It came with an on-board grahpic card and I now use an ITA 250M graphics card.

I reinstalled EMC 7 and is all works fine. EMC 8 gives me nothing but headaches.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for that card; that you have the latest version of DirectX 9©. Set card performance to best performance ; not best appearance., screen resolution to at least 1280 by 720. Get more memory as soon as you have the money; set virtual memory to at least 1.5 times your actual memory.

I still don't understand how setting the virtual memory manually, helps in Windows XP. I know it was a solution for problems in Windows 95, 98, and ME, but I have never touched my virtual memory since I have had XP, and I have never had a problem.

Windows XP supposedly handles the memory better than previous OS's, and I have found that to be true. But, if adjusting the virtual memory solves problems for some folks, then I will be the first to say go for it.

Edited by grandpabruce

I read it somewhere (Kim Komando). :huh: Actually, XP is supposed to handle this task automatically but some people will screw around with the setting and set it too low. For example pcpitstop will give you a warning if it is set too high or too low. It is just an "in case" part of the post. :)

I'll rephrase the statement if it ever comes up again. (Make sure that, if you have XP, that you let it handle the virtual memory if you are using 2000 then....)

I still don't understand how setting the virtual memory manually, helps in Windows XP. I know it was a solution for problems in Windows 95, 98, and ME, but I have never touched my virtual memory since I have had XP, and I have never had a problem.

Windows XP supposedly handles the memory better than previous OS's, and I have found that to be true. But, if adjusting the virtual memory solves problems for some folks, then I will be the first to say go for it.

Edited by sknis

I read it somewhere (Kim Komando). :huh: Actually, XP is supposed to handle this task automatically but some people will screw around with the setting and set it too low. For example pcpitstop will give you a warning if it is set too high or too low. It is just an "in case" part of the post. :)

I'll rephrase the statement if it ever comes up again. (Make sure that, if you have XP, that you let it handle the virtual memory if you are using 2000 then....)

I've had to fool with VM a few times in XP due to my use of CorelDraw and Illustrator...2 programs that are hogs, especially Illustrator. What I've read on the MS forums is the same as Steve's suggestion....1.5 times your memory.

There are some tweak programs out there that will check your system and do this for you but I can't recall which ones they are.