Sign in to follow this  
Sans

Photo Show Uploading

Question

I just figured out why my photos were not uploading. I highlighted all of the wedding photos I wanted to use in my photo show. It would not upload them all. I had to add each one individually, which took hours because there are almost 300 of them. There must be an easier way. Does anyone know how to upload an entire picture folder instead of clicking on each one to add? Thanks . .

9 answers to this question

I just figured out why my photos were not uploading. I highlighted all of the wedding photos I wanted to use in my photo show. It would not upload them all. I had to add each one individually, which took hours because there are almost 300 of them. There must be an easier way. Does anyone know how to upload an entire picture folder instead of clicking on each one to add? Thanks . .

Hi,

There is a way using the Roxio desktop software. You are given a choice whether to use an entire file folder, or choose individual photos from folders. If you choose the entire file folder (make sure you have removed any unwanted files first) it will take longer to upload. Make your show in the desktop program then load the finished show. Hope this is helpful.

I have both Simplestar photoshow version 5, and the new Roxio and both work using the desktop to make the show before uploading.

Hi,

There is a way using the Roxio desktop software. You are given a choice whether to use an entire file folder, or choose individual photos from folders. If you choose the entire file folder (make sure you have removed any unwanted files first) it will take longer to upload. Make your show in the desktop program then load the finished show. Hope this is helpful.

I have both Simplestar photoshow version 5, and the new Roxio and both work using the desktop to make the show before uploading.

Can you still use photo show 5 from simple star? Mine doesn't open anymore.

Also, do you know how to make the photo's full screen in Roxio? Some of my picture look tiny . . like postage stamps.

Thanks.

In the last sentence of post #2 above, gramma indicated that SimpleStar Photoshow 5 works for her.

Also, do you know how to make the photo's full screen in Roxio? Some of my picture look tiny . . like postage stamps.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, both products work for me, and I am able to upload shows from both the Photshow 5 and Roxio photoshow. To make your pictures larger, in the window which displays your pictures, (using the Roxio desktop program) click on the views file, and click the size you wish to display them in. When viewing your slideshow on line, click the "HD" on the bottom of the show display. If your photoshow 5 is no longer working, do you get an error message when trying to open the program? If the error message says there is a problem, and photoshow will close, the solution is to delete the PS4 image database file. You will find this file in windows explorer - C:users\(your name)\AppData\roaming\SimpleStar. If you have trouble finding this file, be sure to check show hidden files in windows explorer. After deleting the ps4 file, reinstall the photoshow software. I did this without uninstalling the software first, and it has worked for me ever since. Hope this is helpful to you.

Edited by gramma

Hi,

Yes, both products work for me, and I am able to upload shows from both the Photshow 5 and Roxio photoshow. To make your pictures larger, in the window which displays your pictures, (using the Roxio desktop program) click on the views file, and click the size you wish to display them in. When viewing your slideshow on line, click the "HD" on the bottom of the show display. If your photoshow 5 is no longer working, do you get an error message when trying to open the program? If the error message says there is a problem, and photoshow will close, the solution is to delete the PS4 image database file. You will find this file in windows explorer - C:users\(your name)\AppData\roaming\SimpleStar. If you have trouble finding this file, be sure to check show hidden files in windows explorer. After deleting the ps4 file, reinstall the photoshow software. I did this without uninstalling the software first, and it has worked for me ever since. Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks Gramma

That's a good solution for PhotoShow 5.

Any other PhotoShow 5 questions can be posted to the Legacy group.

This is the Roxio PhotoShow area.

Sans,

Is this problem with PhotoShow 5 or Roxio PhotoShow?

Hi,

Hi,

I looked through 5,000 hidden files and didn't find anything that said PS4. I reinstalled the Photo Show 5 and still get the same message, that

you've indicated above. I've been doing this for 3 hours now. I went to Windows Explorers and did a PS4 search. It first came up with 500 results, but when I typed in simple star 10 items appeared; they were photos I deleted from Photo Show 5, so I deleted them. If I uninstall the software will I lose my photo shows that I didn't share or upload?

Thanks.

Hi,

I looked through 5,000 hidden files and didn't find anything that said PS4. I reinstalled the Photo Show 5 and still get the same message, that

you've indicated above. I've been doing this for 3 hours now. I went to Windows Explorers and did a PS4 search. It first came up with 500 results, but when I typed in simple star 10 items appeared; they were photos I deleted from Photo Show 5, so I deleted them. If I uninstall the software will I lose my photo shows that I didn't share or upload?

Thanks.

Hi,

I found the PS4 file and deleted it. I reinstalled Photo Show 5 but got the same message.

I'm stuck . . Yes, I'm using Photo Show 5. Where's the Legacy Board?

Thanks

Thanks Gramma

That's a good solution for PhotoShow 5.

Any other PhotoShow 5 questions can be posted to the Legacy group.

This is the Roxio PhotoShow area.

Sans,

Is this problem with PhotoShow 5 or Roxio PhotoShow?

I had no luck getting into my Photo Show 5, so could you please tell me what and where the Legacy group is?

And . . all those photos,, almost 300 that I uploaded last night into Roxio are gone from the photo show I started to make. There are again all together with all my other photos . . and it took me hours to click on each one to put into a separate show. I need to use Photo Show 5. I can't make the photos fill the inside of the frame, add music to each set, change my transitions, etc.

Thanks.

Hi,

I found the PS4 file and deleted it. I reinstalled Photo Show 5 but got the same message.

Thanks

In the forum, using the main board menu, there are two choices for Photo Show, the second one is Legacy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Patty

Hi,

Thanks

I had no luck getting into my Photo Show 5, so could you please tell me what and where the Legacy group is?

And . . all those photos,, almost 300 that I uploaded last night into Roxio are gone from the photo show I started to make. There are again all together with all my other photos . . and it took me hours to click on each one to put into a separate show. I need to use Photo Show 5. I can't make the photos fill the inside of the frame, add music to each set, change my transitions, etc.

Thanks.

Hi, In the Roxio photoshow desktop program, when you choose to make a show, there is an option at the beginning for using a file or individual photos. If you choose the file, the entire file will be put into the show. If these are large sized photo files it will take a while. You then choose your style and music for the show. You can re-arrange or delete individual photos in the arrange tab. I was able to successfully upload a show to Roxio through the desktop program. I was also able to upload a show through the older Photoshow 5 program, using music changes and the older type of captions. I was even able to edit both shows on line at the roxio photoshow sharing site. If you are getting an error message when opening your older photoshow 5 desktop version that says it needs to close, you have to delete the ps4 Image Database file that I explained how to find in a previous post that I had found at the legacy site. After deleting this file, reinstall photoshow 5, without uninstalling it first. That is what worked for me. If you uninstalled the program, then reinstalled it, chances are you may have the same problem, and will need to delete that file again. Hope this works! By the way, I didn't lose any of my older shows when I did this. I lost them later when I changed computers, and could never re-download them back, due to Roxio taking over, but that's another issue...!

Edited by gramma