No Audio On Dvd

freeneasy@cox.net

Question

9 answers to this question

Ron, ya done great. :) and you described what you were doing quite well. In the future, just start with VideoWave. You said that the preview played OK and the music was in the right place So far so good

Before I go on, would you put that disc you made in your computer and try to play it. Is the music there? If it plays well on your computer then the disc was made properly and the problem is with your DVD player. Was the volume turned up?

Open MyDVD from the Home/Application Menu. Select the type of DVD you want (with or without menu) and then add the project to the menu (add movie). Navigate to the DMSM file you created in VideoWave and select it. Change the menu to what you want. Now click on the burn button at the top right side of the screen. Select create iso file but un-select the other options (file, burn to disc). Name it and select where you want to save it. Click the command to start the rendering. When it is finished, close MyDVD and navigate to the file. when you double click it, disc copier will open. Copy that iso file to your disc. Once completed try it on the computer. This slightly longer method of burning to disc almost assures that the burn will go well since it separates the rendering process from the burning process.

Other things: 1) get a couple of good quality RW discs to burn to until you are comfortable with the process.

2) Go back to Video Wave and in time line view, select the piece of music and then click the icon that looks like a right angle (You should see the audio envelope audio track. Make sure that the audio display shows that the audio is mid to line or slightly higher. There is a speaker icon that you can use to adjust the volume of that one piece of music. You will have to adjust it for each piece of music. (Later you can use normalize to level the volume). 3) Don't do anything else while the video is rendering - in fact, shut down all running programs that you don't need.

Thank you for your help. I had some problems with my DVD burner, and computer. I tried what you suggested and now I have audio. It appears that I needed to use .WAV audio files instead of MP3 files. When I swithched to .WAV the audio worked. However now when I try to play the DVD on my tv DVD player I get an "incorrect disc" message. The ISO plays on my computer but not the tv. I have tried +R, -R, and + RW DVDs. What do you think is wrong?

Ron

Some home players just don't like home burned discs. If it plays OK on your computer, take it to a friends house or to an electronics store and see if it plays there. Sometimes the combination of the iso file and a slower burning speed will help.

Thank you for your help. I had some problems with my DVD burner, and computer. I tried what you suggested and now I have audio. It appears that I needed to use .WAV audio files instead of MP3 files. When I swithched to .WAV the audio worked. However now when I try to play the DVD on my tv DVD player I get an "incorrect disc" message. The ISO plays on my computer but not the tv. I have tried +R, -R, and + RW DVDs. What do you think is wrong?

Ron

Ron

Did you use Disc Copier to burn the ISO to a movie DVD? In addition to trying different types of medis, also, try a different brand of media.

Hello, I just created a slide show with Audio enhancments. When I burned the project to the DVD the Audio only plays one of the songs on the sound track. What am I doing wrong?

Ron

I created it using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, and my DVD express. I used a Sony DVD +R DVD 1X-16x. my DVD burner is an external HP dvd740e DVD _+R/_+RW 16X.

Ron

The problem is probably how you made the slide show, not how you burned the disc.

That program (DVD Express) does not make slide shows, it only sets up the DVD with menus. If you can really make a slide show with that program, please let me know how. It will be a frustrating and fruitless exercise to try to diagnose the problem with incomplete information. Both you and the people who respond will get upset since the responders will post things that are pure guesses and then a little more information will be provided and you will get frustrated since you will get "bad" answers. If you really want a solution, take a little more time to read the response questions and make a complete post in response. :)

Lecture over. Did you make the slide show in VideoWave, MyDVD (slideshow assistant) or just open slide show asistant? How did you add the music? Did you save the project so you can edit it or will you have to start over? How many slides, how many pieces of music, did you use transitions? What are your computer specifications. Is your image duration long enough to support all the music that you are using? (six questions to answer)

I created it using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, and my DVD express. I used a Sony DVD +R DVD 1X-16x. my DVD burner is an external HP dvd740e DVD _+R/_+RW 16X.

Ron

Some home players just don't like home burned discs. If it plays OK on your computer, take it to a friends house or to an electronics store and see if it plays there. Sometimes the combination of the iso file and a slower burning speed will help.

Thanks again. Turns out my DVD player went belly up. It started showing incorrect disc even wth commercial movies. After playing with it for a while, I got the movie to play. When it was done I tried my home made disc again, and it played for a while, and froze. I am going to pick up a new one today.

Ron

The problem is probably how you made the slide show, not how you burned the disc.

That program (DVD Express) does not make slide shows, it only sets up the DVD with menus. If you can really make a slide show with that program, please let me know how. It will be a frustrating and fruitless exercise to try to diagnose the problem with incomplete information. Both you and the people who respond will get upset since the responders will post things that are pure guesses and then a little more information will be provided and you will get frustrated since you will get "bad" answers. If you really want a solution, take a little more time to read the response questions and make a complete post in response. :)

Lecture over. Did you make the slide show in VideoWave, MyDVD (slideshow assistant) or just open slide show asistant? How did you add the music? Did you save the project so you can edit it or will you have to start over? How many slides, how many pieces of music, did you use transitions? What are your computer specifications. Is your image duration long enough to support all the music that you are using? (six questions to answer)

I am brand new at this. This is my first attempt at making a DVD. I created the slideshow by opening the Slide Show assistant. I added the music by clicking the Add BackgroundAudio button. I saved the project and opened it to edit by clicking the Edit Video button on the Home page of Creator 8. I deleted some music, and added other music. There are 130 slides and seven pieces of music. The slide show plays good in preview mode. with the last song ending at the last slide. There are no gaps between music pieces, they transistion into each other. I have a Dell computer with a 74.4 GB harddrive and 50 GB free space. It has 512 MB DDR SDRAM at 333MHz, video ready option, 64 MB GeForce4 MX Graphics. Since I am not a computer person, I don't know what else might be important about the computer. I appreciate your help and lecture, but I must say I did'nt find much direction using Help or the rest of the Web Site. I apologize, but I don't know enough about this system to be able to ask intelligent questions, but I needed to start somewhere.

Ron

Ron, ya done great. :) and you described what you were doing quite well. In the future, just start with VideoWave. You said that the preview played OK and the music was in the right place So far so good

Before I go on, would you put that disc you made in your computer and try to play it. Is the music there? If it plays well on your computer then the disc was made properly and the problem is with your DVD player. Was the volume turned up?

Open MyDVD from the Home/Application Menu. Select the type of DVD you want (with or without menu) and then add the project to the menu (add movie). Navigate to the DMSM file you created in VideoWave and select it. Change the menu to what you want. Now click on the burn button at the top right side of the screen. Select create iso file but un-select the other options (file, burn to disc). Name it and select where you want to save it. Click the command to start the rendering. When it is finished, close MyDVD and navigate to the file. when you double click it, disc copier will open. Copy that iso file to your disc. Once completed try it on the computer. This slightly longer method of burning to disc almost assures that the burn will go well since it separates the rendering process from the burning process.

Other things: 1) get a couple of good quality RW discs to burn to until you are comfortable with the process.

2) Go back to Video Wave and in time line view, select the piece of music and then click the icon that looks like a right angle (You should see the audio envelope audio track. Make sure that the audio display shows that the audio is mid to line or slightly higher. There is a speaker icon that you can use to adjust the volume of that one piece of music. You will have to adjust it for each piece of music. (Later you can use normalize to level the volume). 3) Don't do anything else while the video is rendering - in fact, shut down all running programs that you don't need.

I am brand new at this. This is my first attempt at making a DVD. I created the slideshow by opening the Slide Show assistant. I added the music by clicking the Add BackgroundAudio button. I saved the project and opened it to edit by clicking the Edit Video button on the Home page of Creator 8. I deleted some music, and added other music. There are 130 slides and seven pieces of music. The slide show plays good in preview mode. with the last song ending at the last slide. There are no gaps between music pieces, they transistion into each other. I have a Dell computer with a 74.4 GB harddrive and 50 GB free space. It has 512 MB DDR SDRAM at 333MHz, video ready option, 64 MB GeForce4 MX Graphics. Since I am not a computer person, I don't know what else might be important about the computer. I appreciate your help and lecture, but I must say I did'nt find much direction using Help or the rest of the Web Site. I apologize, but I don't know enough about this system to be able to ask intelligent questions, but I needed to start somewhere.

Ron

Archived