• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is There A Limit ?

jplalonde

Question

11 answers to this question

I burnt a slide show with 350 pictures. When I play it on the computer or a DVD player, it will skip from picture 100 to picture 298...! :)

Any idea why?

I too have had problems with creating DVD with a slide show of 203 pictures. I started with the Slideshow Assistant then it takes you to MYDVD. When I create the DVD it will seem to work on the computer, but it seems to treat the slides as Chapters and will only create 99. I too have tried it on different computers and DVD players with the same result. :huh: There should be documentation or a message telling one of the limit. Why have a program called Slideshow that won't create all slideshows.

I guess I'll have to try the VideoWave.

I too have had problems with creating DVD with a slide show of 203 pictures. I started with the Slideshow Assistant then it takes you to MYDVD. When I create the DVD it will seem to work on the computer, but it seems to treat the slides as Chapters and will only create 99. I too have tried it on different computers and DVD players with the same result. :) There should be documentation or a message telling one of the limit. Why have a program called Slideshow that won't create all slideshows.

Let us know if it works in VideoWave.

I burnt a slide show with 350 pictures. When I play it on the computer or a DVD player, it will skip from picture 100 to picture 298...! :)

Any idea why?

I don't know what the max is but do know I've done some projects with almost 500 pictures. It could be the players doesn't like the media or a corrupt effect or transition that causes it to skip. It's going to be hard to find out what causes your problem.

I too have had problems with creating DVD with a slide show of 203 pictures. I started with the Slideshow Assistant then it takes you to MYDVD. When I create the DVD it will seem to work on the computer, but it seems to treat the slides as Chapters and will only create 99. I too have tried it on different computers and DVD players with the same result. :) There should be documentation or a message telling one of the limit. Why have a program called Slideshow that won't create all slideshows.

When you created the slideshow in the assistant, did you by chance select the DVD Projector transition style (the one that allows manual control of navigating slide to slide)? I'm guessing that this is the case, as that 'style' does indeed create a chapter marker for each photo in the slideshow. This would also cause the behaviour you described since a DVD is limited to a max of 99 chapters.

I tried the DVD creator and the Picture slideshow functions and both applications created a DVD sucessfully, however the DVDs will not play all pictures. I tried two different DVDs on two DVD players and two computers and the skip is consistent.

Don't know what to do next. Perhaps I should try Studio. :)

Is there any chances of not having this issue if I use Videowave instead of the regular slideshow or DVD creator applications?

Thanks for you help. :)

VW is the only way I've made a slideshow...much more control. Try it and see....test using a DVD/RW so you don't waste discs.

JP,

Paul gave you some excellent advice and it looks as if you are on your way. But, your original question intrigued me. How many photos (or panels in VideoWave) can EMC8 handle?

I remember comparing a couple of different products and the number 999 stuck in my head. But, I could not remember if it applied to Roxio's EMC8.

It does not. You can have well over 999 photos/panels! I don't know if there is an upper limit but if so, it is most likely limited by the PC specs and not the software.

So if anyone would need a VideoWave project with say 2,000 panels; go for it!

Good Luck, JP.

Ron

JP,

Paul gave you some excellent advice and it looks as if you are on your way. But, your original question intrigued me. How many photos (or panels in VideoWave) can EMC8 handle?

I remember comparing a couple of different products and the number 999 stuck in my head. But, I could not remember if it applied to Roxio's EMC8.

It does not. You can have well over 999 photos/panels! I don't know if there is an upper limit but if so, it is most likely limited by the PC specs and not the software.

So if anyone would need a VideoWave project with say 2,000 panels; go for it!

Good Luck, JP.

Ron

Do a bit of math and you can easily see that talking about a slideshow of 1000 slides (for a 60 min DVD) is nonsense, it would mean at best a new image every 3 seconds! :)

Archived