• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

A New Issue

Bobmitch

Question

First, based on a question that I asked a month or so ago. YES 2009 Video Capture device has Windows Vista 64 Bit drivers, so one can capture.

Now....here is the problem:

I purchased a copy of "Creator 2009 Special Edition" from Sam's Club. It is the 2009 Suite with the Video Capture Device. First, I installed the video capture device....works well. Actually I was able to see the device and get it to work with Nero 8 of all things. Not the issue. I then tried to install Creator 2009 on Vista 64 bit. Everything goes along smoothly until around 90% of the install. It doe not abort...it reports installing Smart Sound...and my DVD begins to seek and seek and make loud and louder noises like there is something wrong with the disk. So I aborted the install...and ran a checkdisk with Nero 8 on the disk...all green...no bad sectors on the disk. I try to install again and same thing....in exactly the same place. Now what perplexes me is that I have sort have seen this once before. When I installed MS Office Professional 2007, I found that MS had sent out some disks with a part of the suite missing. Believe it or not, they pressed disks with some of the office tools folders empty. I had to return the Office to where I purchased it and get another. What can possibly stall out my DVD burner at Smart Sound? Any ideas. I have no issues with MS Net Framework 3.5, for it was already installed.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

Some system specs

Asus P5E Motherboard with 4 GB of OCZ PC1066 DDR2

Two Western Digital VelociRaptors in RAID 0

Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Video

Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Professional Sound card

Samsung SH-203B 20x DVD Burner

Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Watt PSU

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

Edited by Bobmitch

7 answers to this question

Sam's did an exchange to see if the disk was bad. They don't like selling things that don't work. Funny...the video capture USB device works great with NeroVision. Not why I got this...I really LOVE Videowave and MyDVD. Primary use for me. Trying the new disk first. If that doesn't work, I will try from a folder on Hdd

Thanks

New disk fails as well. Has to be something with Smart Sound