Disc Copier - Burning An Iso To A Dvd+r Dl

malatekid

Question

I have an iso file (115 minutes play-time) that I created using EMC7.5. I burned it to a DVD-R (TDK) using EMC7.5 but when I played it on set-top player (Sony TV and Toshiba TV) there are freezing in some portion (freezes at certain point , goes back a few seconds earlier and play again from that point on). I tried EMC8 Disc Copier and it looks fine.

Since there appears to be compression (even though EMC8 indicates Excellent copy), I tried burning the same iso file using Verbatim DVD+R DL and EMC8 Disc Copier to get an identical copy of the source. The first time I burned, the burning stopped almost half-way giving unspecified error. I tried again, but got another error (sorry, it was late and I couldn't capture the error messages). The first two burning were done on a Lacie DL +R/-R /RW burner with model NEC ND-320a and firmware 1.04. Take note that I was able to burn on a DL with this drive using EMC7.5 (but freezing, as described above, happens). About the firmware, I cannot find any update for this burner (for OEM product).

I tried burning on the same type of DL an another burner (HP DC5000, I think it has HP 630c driver). But again, I got an error. Please note that I am able to burn using any media type (-R/+R/RW or DL) on this burner like the Lacie burner I have. I know that the firmware for this HP burner is up to date.

Is there a problem burning DL using Disc Copier (EMC8)? Any help is appeciated.

Thank you.

Windows XP Professional, SP2

Video card: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

19 answers to this question

Bandwidth cost's money, enough said.

Most ISP's supply some HTML web hosting. Go to your ISP's home page and look member services.

eBay charges for hosting the pic's of items you see for sale there, unless you use your own web space like I do.

Right click my avatar and click properties for a example.

There are some free web hosting available like 5mb and a Google search should find!

I have an iso file (115 minutes play-time) that I created using EMC7.5. I burned it to a DVD-R (TDK) using EMC7.5 but when I played it on set-top player (Sony TV and Toshiba TV) there are freezing in some portion (freezes at certain point , goes back a few seconds earlier and play again from that point on). I tried EMC8 Disc Copier and it looks fine.

Since there appears to be compression (even though EMC8 indicates Excellent copy), I tried burning the same iso file using Verbatim DVD+R DL and EMC8 Disc Copier to get an identical copy of the source. The first time I burned, the burning stopped almost half-way giving unspecified error. I tried again, but got another error (sorry, it was late and I couldn't capture the error messages). The first two burning were done on a Lacie DL +R/-R /RW burner with model NEC ND-320a and firmware 1.04. Take note that I was able to burn on a DL with this drive using EMC7.5 (but freezing, as described above, happens). About the firmware, I cannot find any update for this burner (for OEM product).

I tried burning on the same type of DL an another burner (HP DC5000, I think it has HP 630c driver). But again, I got an error. Please note that I am able to burn using any media type (-R/+R/RW or DL) on this burner like the Lacie burner I have. I know that the firmware for this HP burner is up to date.

Is there a problem burning DL using Disc Copier (EMC8)? Any help is appeciated.

Thank you.

Windows XP Professional, SP2

Video card: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

I've only burned 2 DL discs so far but did not have a problem. Both played well in 2 players that I checked.

Updating firmware is helpful but as you mention, not always available. It could also be the media but I've only used Verbatim. And, some players just don't like homemade media but cleaning the player occassionally doesn't hurt.

First ditch the bold text, it's annoying to read.

Next get the drives ID string and firmware correct.

Start control panel, system, device manager, expand the + next to DVD/CD Rom drives. Right click properties, the details tab should list the drive and firmware.

DVDinfopro should do the same, changing the drop down menu for each drive.

I would stick with the Verbatim. Hold off on wasting more disc's there expensive.

cdanteek

First ditch the bold text, it's annoying to read.

Next get the drives ID string and firmware correct.

Start control panel, system, device manager, expand the + next to DVD/CD Rom drives. Right click properties, the details tab should list the drive and firmware.

DVDinfopro should do the same, changing the drop down menu for each drive.

I would stick with the Verbatim. Hold off on wasting more disc's there expensive.

cdanteek

Your suggestion for ditching the bold text is considered favorably.

Thanks for the info on finding the property description.

Yes, that Verbatim DL is very expensive, especially the ones I have are the printable ones (leftover from a previous project).

Thanks.

I've only burned 2 DL discs so far but did not have a problem. Both played well in 2 players that I checked.

Updating firmware is helpful but as you mention, not always available. It could also be the media but I've only used Verbatim. And, some players just don't like homemade media but cleaning the player occassionally doesn't hurt.

I was able to burn on those Verbatim +R DL discs using EMC7.5. Now, I am having problem with EMC8.

I don't know what's going on. :)

In the first thread you say you created in 7.5 and burned in 7.5 on the TDK DL media and there is freezing!

The last post you say "I was able to burn on those Verbatim +R DL discs using EMC7.5. Now, I am having problem with EMC8."

Post the drive's ID string and firmware's.

Are 7.5 and 8 both installed on same machine?

Clarify burned ok in 7.5 but freeze's in player and won't burn in 8.

You need to be specific what you have done and in what!

In the first thread you say you created in 7.5 and burned in 7.5 on the TDK DL media and there is freezing!

The last post you say "I was able to burn on those Verbatim +R DL discs using EMC7.5. Now, I am having problem with EMC8."

Post the drive's ID string and firmware's.

Are 7.5 and 8 both installed on same machine?

Clarify burned ok in 7.5 but freeze's in player and won't burn in 8.

You need to be specific what you have done and in what!

DL disc

EMC8: My problem is that burning a 115 min long ISO file on Verbatim DL+R does not get completed (either stops maybe half-way or gives unspecified error). This problem happens either in the Lacie burner or the HP burner.

EMC7.5: Burning the ISO gets completed (almost 2 hour long project but a different ISO--from a prior project-- from the one I am trying on EMC8 above); "Freezing" problem in the final DVD (stops at a point and then skips back to an earlier segment and play on).

4.7 gb (TDK, -R)

EMC7.5: Burning completes to end; I just notice that "freezing" problem in the final DVD (stops at a point and then skips back to an earlier segment and play on).

EMC8: Burning completes to end; "Freezing" problem does not occur

Thanks.

EMC7.5: Burning the ISO gets completed (almost 2 hour long project but a different ISO--from a prior project-- from the one I am trying on EMC8 above); "Freezing" problem in the final DVD (stops at a point and then skips back to an earlier segment and play on).

I also get the freezing and jump with ISO files where the video is > 60 minutes. The freeze/jump always seems to occur around the 65-70 minute point. I only use 7.5 so can't comment on 8

I also get the freezing and jump with ISO files where the video is > 60 minutes. The freeze/jump always seems to occur around the 65-70 minute point. I only use 7.5 so can't comment on 8

That's exactly the same experience I have for every ISO files with video > 1 hour in EMC75. That's why I am checking out if EMC8 can do a better job when burning more than an hour long video on a DL disc. Unfortunately, I cannot even complete burning the ISO on a DL disc given the problems I am experiencing when using the Disc Copier (EMC8).

DL disc

EMC8: My problem is that burning a 115 min long ISO file on Verbatim DL+R does not get completed (either stops maybe half-way or gives unspecified error). This problem happens either in the Lacie burner or the HP burner.

4.7 gb (TDK, -R)

EMC7.5: Burning completes to end; I just notice that "freezing" problem in the final DVD (stops at a point and then skips back to an earlier segment and play on).

EMC8: Burning completes to end; "Freezing" problem does not occur

Thanks.

The drives ID string and firmware would be nice and I won't ask again!

"either stops maybe half-way or gives unspecified error"

This could be a layer break problem when burned in 8. What speed are the Verbatim disc's and what speed

are you burning them at?

I make ISO files and burn to dual layer Verbatim +R book type changed to dvd-rom in IMgburn a frre program, 30 burns no failures.

There are some settings in this program but need the drive info to see if it supports it.

Some programs place incorrect layer break flags and cause problems on DL media.

Look at your TDK -R that freeze's in DVDinfopro disc quality check for errors and in disc info see if the -R is MCCMAG media.

This could be a layer break problem when burned in 8. What speed are the Verbatim disc's and what speed

are you burning them at?

I make ISO files and burn to dual layer Verbatim +R book type changed to dvd-rom in IMgburn a frre program, 30 burns no failures.

There are some settings in this program but need the drive info to see if it supports it.

Look at your TDK -R that freeze's in DVDinfopro disc quality check for errors and in disc info see if the -R is MCCMAG media.

Drives ID string and firmware: I will post the info you requested when I get home tonight (the EMC softwares are installed in my home PC).

What speed are the Verbatim disc's and what speed are you burning them at? That Verbatim DL+R has a speed of 2.4x (and I understand up to 4x). In the Disc Copier, it shows as 4x when using Lacie, and as 2.4x (I'm not sure if it showed 2x or 2.4x) in HP burner.

I would like to attach the DVDinfpro image for you to see all the info. Unfortunately, I am not given that functionality in this forum (I understood it is only available to a few members--digital gurus et al?). I will write as much info when I post back the properties of the two burners as well as the media I use.

Thanks!

Drives ID string and firmware: I will post the info you requested when I get home tonight (the EMC softwares are installed in my home PC).

What speed are the Verbatim disc's and what speed are you burning them at? That Verbatim DL+R has a speed of 2.4x (and I understand up to 4x). In the Disc Copier, it shows as 4x when using Lacie, and as 2.4x (I'm not sure if it showed 2x or 2.4x) in HP burner.

I would like to attach the DVDinfpro image for you to see all the info. Unfortunately, I am not given that functionality in this forum (I understood it is only available to a few members--digital gurus et al?). I will write as much info when I post back the properties of the two burners as well as the media I use.

Thanks!

Patatrox,

How I wish I have the capability to directly paste the screenshots of the dvd info (for disc and burners) that would facilitate hopefully a quick resolution of the issue I raised. I don't have a web server nor access to one to do the URL method of pasting image.

Most of the time, forum users ask OP for info and attaching images (as some gurus do) would definitely facilitate quick responses and resolution.

Thanks.

are you burning them at?

As requested, here are the links to the information of the two burners Lacie and HP as well as the info on the Verbatim DL+R media I am using.

Thanks.

Was this issue brought up at all to the attention of Roxio before or during the beta testing? It's just my impression that a lot of digital gurus participated in the beta testing of EMC8.

Thanks. :)

As requested, here are the links to the information of the two burners Lacie and HP as well as the info on the Verbatim DL+R media I am using.

Thanks.

I see now both are external or in external enclosures and usb connection, usb 1.0 or 2.0 please explain.

The nec FW 1.04 old, new 3520a fw 3.07

Read and hold off on updating, Warning about this firmware in USB!

The NEC firmware upgrade below should not be used with external USB / FireWire drives or with OEM drives from HP, DELL, Medion, Fujitsu, Siemens, Gateway, or any other OEM manufacturer. If you wish to update the firmware on an OEM drive, please contact the dealer or manufacturer.

http://support.necsam.com/optical/download...readme.asp?ID=7

The MKM001 I have burned 20 disc no problem. The box says 2.4x up to 6x with firmware update. I have burned a 6x in Plextor PX716a and 4x on Sony 800a and BenQ 1640.

What speed did you burn at?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...item=dv-29001-1

The Lacey HP 630c DC 5000 FW CH 16 up to date, talks about Record now and DLA has to be installed to update firmware! Is it installed now and any packet writing Roxio software installed D2D?

What is your system specs. Processor speed, Ram, Windows XP Sp2, make model?

Want you to run a disc that freezes in DVDinfopro like test pic below! DL+R or -R +R don't matter just a compleeted DVDVideo burned in Roxio.

TYG02.png

I see now both are external or in external enclosures and usb connection, usb 1.0 or 2.0 please explain.

The nec FW 1.04 old, new 3520a fw 3.07

Read and hold off on updating, Warning about this firmware in USB!

The NEC firmware upgrade below should not be used with external USB / FireWire drives or with OEM drives from HP, DELL, Medion, Fujitsu, Siemens, Gateway, or any other OEM manufacturer. If you wish to update the firmware on an OEM drive, please contact the dealer or manufacturer.

http://support.necsam.com/optical/download...readme.asp?ID=7

The MKM001 I have burned 20 disc no problem. The box says 2.4x up to 6x with firmware update. I have burned a 6x in Plextor PX716a and 4x on Sony 800a and BenQ 1640.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...item=dv-29001-1

The Lacey HP 630c DC 5000 FW CH 16 up to date, talks about Record now and DLA has to be installed to update firmware! Is it installed now and any packet writing Roxio software installed D2D?

What is your system specs. Processor speed, Ram, Windows XP Sp2, make ?

Want you to run a disc that freezes in DVDinfopro like test pic below! DL+R or -R +R don't matter just a compleeted DVDVideo burned in Roxio.

Ans: 4x (the Verbatim DL says up to 4x)

Is it installed now and any packet writing Roxio software installed D2D?

Ans: Yes, the firmware for HP burner is up to date. I know I did not install D2D when I installed EMC8. I'm not sure about EMC7.5. How do I get rid of that?

What is your system specs. Processor speed, Ram, Windows XP Sp2, make ?

Ans: See spec below (Windows XP Professional Version 2002)

sysspec.jpg

Ans: Are these the steps to do this?

1) Insert any DVD disc

2) Launch DVDInfopro

3) click the tab that shows the same one as the image you attached

Thanks.

Archived