Missing Files Madness!

NBK

Question

Hi

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and DVDit Pro HD 6.4. On certain projects, i get the following error message: "This project has 218 missing file(s)." I have to push cancel 218 times for the project to open which is tedious. I know there are no missing DVDit files or project files. Is there a solution?

I do not recall seeing this with 6.3.1.

If you need the actual error message, just say so...

Thanks

NBK

Edited by NBK

6 answers to this question

they must be old projects where you had all of the frames and buttons loaded. I imagine you are now not automatically loading those files? maybe if you change that preference, DVDit will load your old project without the warning....or, how old are the projects? DVDit Pro? maybe you need to have a DVDit Pro directory in your program files and put all of the "content" folders into that directory. maybe it is looking for that directory and can't find it.

they must be old projects where you had all of the frames and buttons loaded. I imagine you are now not automatically loading those files? maybe if you change that preference, DVDit will load your old project without the warning....or, how old are the projects? DVDit Pro? maybe you need to have a DVDit Pro directory in your program files and put all of the "content" folders into that directory. maybe it is looking for that directory and can't find it.

Hi Scott,

No, those frames, buttons and etc are not loading some old projects. It makes no difference if i change the preference. Most of my projects go back to 2005 at least.

Hmmm! I am sorry i do not understand the last part about needing to have a DVDit Pro directory.

Thanks

NBK

in 2005 you did not have DVDit Pro HD, you had DVDit Pro. consequently when you load an old project into this software it is looking for the default content (buttons and frames) that must have been in the palette when you saved your project. when it can't find that content at Program Files > Roxio > DVDit Pro > Content, it asks you where it is. So it is possible that if you create a DVDit Pro directory in the Roxio directory and you put a content folder inside of that and copy all of the content from the same folder in your DVDit Pro HD installation that the program will find the content and not ask you where it is...

in 2005 you did not have DVDit Pro HD, you had DVDit Pro. consequently when you load an old project into this software it is looking for the default content (buttons and frames) that must have been in the palette when you saved your project. when it can't find that content at Program Files > Roxio > DVDit Pro > Content, it asks you where it is. So it is possible that if you create a DVDit Pro directory in the Roxio directory and you put a content folder inside of that and copy all of the content from the same folder in your DVDit Pro HD installation that the program will find the content and not ask you where it is...

Thanks for responding SS Scott,

I created the structure Roxio/DVDit Pro/Content and still no joy. DVDit is still asking for all those files for certain projects.

NBK

Edited by NBK