Success Installing 2009

T Smitty

Question

New to the forum, but thought I'd share with everybody how I finally got Roxio Creator 2009 to install my new Dell Studio 1735, Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I too, was having a problem when the install got to the EMC 11 Content part of the install.

I copied the entire install DVD to the root of my C:\ drive to a folder named Roxio Creator 2009, same as the DVD. So the path was C:\Roxio Creator 2009. I then removed the DVD from my computer and ran the setup.exe from my C:\Roxio Creator 2009 folder. Everything installed fine as it should. Only took 5 hours today to get this installed, thanks alot Roxio!

As for all the talk about the .NET framework here, I did nothing, zero with my .NET Framework. My Vista Ultimate had .NET Framework 3.0 installed before I installed Roxio Creator 2009. After installing I still only have versions

as per my "Turn Windows Features On and Off" as well as VersionCheck that I downloaded from http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.zip.

Hope this helps out there. I'm upgrading from Roxio EZ Creator 5 (oldie) to this new Roxio Creator 2009. Version 5 always worked really well for me so I really wanted to go with Roxio again. Sure hope the software runs better than the install did.

7 answers to this question

Glad you got it working - but if it took 5 hours to copy files to the root of C: drive and then run setup, there's something amiss

I have the download version which extracted (using winrar) and running setup from there - that took me about 30 minutes altogether

It didn't take 5 hours to copy the files to the root of my "C" drive, that took about 8 minutes. It took me about 5 hours to finally get the software installed because of the same installation problems so many of others are running into. After 4.5 hours I thought of this work-around and was successful.

BTW, looks like gi7omy has a "Reading Comprehension" issue as well.

Edited by T Smitty

It didn't take 5 hours to copy the files to the root of my "C" drive, that took about 8 minutes. It took me about 5 hours to finally get the software installed because of the same installation problems so many of others are running into. After 4.5 hours I thought of this work-around and was successful.

I tried your method over the weekend without success. Still get the same error that I need to intall EMC 10 first. :angry2:

As for all the talk about the .NET framework here, I did nothing, zero with my .NET Framework. My Vista Ultimate had .NET Framework 3.0 installed before I installed Roxio Creator 2009. After installing I still only have versions

as per my "Turn Windows Features On and Off" as well as VersionCheck that I downloaded from http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.zip.

Interesting.... The C2009 includes .NET 3.5 but according to that app, I don't have it installed either.

However when I run the MS .Net 3.5 installer ffrom Microsoft.com, it says that 3.5 IS installed. Perhaps that application hasn't been updated for .Net 3.5???

Interesting.... The C2009 includes .NET 3.5 but according to that app, I don't have it installed either.

However when I run the MS .Net 3.5 installer ffrom Microsoft.com, it says that 3.5 IS installed. Perhaps that application hasn't been updated for .Net 3.5???

On a XP SP2 box...

post-97-1223327137.png

add remove programs,

post-97-1223327170.png

cd