rlinsurf

Disc Image Being Saved As .sd2f File?

Question

I have a .bin/cue file that I wanted to save as a standard .toast or at least .dmg file. But every time I select save as disc image, I get .Sd2f as the format. When I try to mount it, it opens as a single file in iTunes and plays nothing but static. Of course, I can still play it in Toast, but I wanted a real disc image.

What am I doing wrong?

All My Best,

Jeffrey?

3 answers to this question

That's the format that Toast creates when saving an audio CD disc image. Drag the .sd2f file to the Toast Convert window, select the tracks and click the red button to export as AIFF or other audio file for import to iTunes as individual tracks. I don't know why you experienced static when playing the .sd2f in iTunes. I haven't had that happen.

That's definitely a step forward. I exported all the files out as .aiff files. So now what I want to do is get an audio CD disc image that can be mounted. But again, even though they're now just plain .aiff files, the disc image still comes up as .Sd2f.

Edited by rlinsurf

That's definitely a step forward. I exported all the files out as .aiff files. So now what I want to do is get an audio CD disc image that can be mounted. But again, even though they're now just plain .aiff files, the disc image still comes up as .Sd2f.

Control-click on the .sd2f file and choose Mount it from the contextual menu. It will show up as an audio CD on the desktop and automatically display as such in iTunes. At least it does that for me in 10.5.5.

Edited by tsantee