• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Saving A Video And Creating A Dvd From A Vcr.

ldwubbena

Question

I have installed version 8 of Roxio on my new computer, I needed to upgrade for speed. On my old computer, I had no problem creating a DVD and getting the DVD to read on my DVD player (same verision of ROXIO).

I saved the video through my TV card in my PC, and I don't think I changed anything on either settings.

So what I was wondering if anyone can give me advicis so I can view my DVD's on through my DVD player on my TV. I have went from one format to another and went through 8 DVD's and none worked. The output on the DVD looks the same on the one I created a couple of months ago and the one I created last night, but the new one's do not work.

The one from a couple of months ago is fine. So any sugestions?????

5 answers to this question

Did you change brands of blank discs? Blank disc are not created equal. Find a brand that works well eith your burner and DVD player. Then stick with it.

Have you tried playing the DVDs on the computer?

I have the same DVD's, but I did try others and came to the same results as before so they DVD's are not the issue.

It will not play back on the computer, but I can use the dvd file as the input and play it in the computer, so I know the data on the dvd is ok, it will not autostart as my other DVD's do.

I have the same DVD's, but I did try others and came to the same results as before so they DVD's are not the issue.

It will not play back on the computer, but I can use the dvd file as the input and play it in the computer, so I know the data on the dvd is ok, it will not autostart as my other DVD's do.

Well, that would then confirm that the DVD or your burner is/are the issue.

Well, that would then confirm that the DVD or your burner is/are the issue.

No, it's the play back that I am missing. It works ok on everything else, I can copy files I can create other formats and use Windows Media player to play them, I just can't get the play back to work on any dvd player pc or other...

Also does anyone know how to get live chat going, I have tried now for almost a week and no one is ever there. Is there a trick to it???? :):huh:

I find the statement above confusing. If the 'disc' will not play back on the computer, then how do you know the data on the DVD is good? Sounds more like you created a DATA DVD and not a video disc.

Archived