Editing Problem

Geoff9412

Question

Mac Toast 9 user having trouble figuring out how to edit transferred TIVO files before burning. Page 99 of manual has little in the way of details, no step by step guide, and there are no third party books out, yet. Roxio has instructions on "burning and exporting TIVO files" but nothing after that (http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Toast/000046T?set-locale=en). I'm clicking and dragging on the arrows but still not able to figure out exactly how to use the editing interface. There's no cropping button, and only "copy" appears highlighted under the EDIT menu.

Would appreciate some help here. Can anyone point to a FAQ with instructions, or can provide more details about how to use the editing function? Thanks..

Edited by Geoff9412

3 answers to this question

I have the same problem.

I used to have Roxio Creator for PC and was able to edit the start/end. With Toast, I think I'm editing it and saving it before burning, but it doesn't save the settings. The only area in the help that talks about this mentions some edit functions that aren't appearing in the menu. Very frustrating.

Anyone able to tell us how to edit the TiVo programs and have those edits go through to the burned DVD?

Check out the post for "Toast 9 & Tivo / Audio Still Out Of Sync"

To set the markers, you click on the section of the video, then drag the two halves of the triangle to either side of the section you want to delete. Then you click on that section and it goes green, then press delete. Problem is, it only deletes video, not audio! So is useless....