• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 10 Hangs!

rifelsen

Question

I am using MyDVD 10 to create a DVD project. However, when I try to burn the project to a DVD, the program hangs at the exact same point in the project. I have tried removing the media being burned at that point, but have not had any success. I have the encoding set to software, and have also changed the burn speed (I am currently running at the slowest speed). If anyone can help, that would be great! Thanks!

4 answers to this question

That would seem to indicate there is a problem with your source files at that point…

Something else you could try would be to select Burn an Image and deselect the Burner drive.

It will make an ISO file (disc image) on your HD. If that is successful, you can use Video Copy and Convert to burn that image to disc.

I tried using C & C with an ISO, but now I've got a different problem: when I am at the menu where I can select the source location, then the destination, the "burn to CD" button is grayed out, and I cannot move forward (its the point where you can select number of copies, burn speed, etc.). What am I missing?

I tried using C & C with an ISO, but now I've got a different problem: when I am at the menu where I can select the source location, then the destination, the "burn to CD" button is grayed out, and I cannot move forward (its the point where you can select number of copies, burn speed, etc.). What am I missing?

Down at the bottom, set the dropdown box to 4.7GB DVD, if that is what you are burning to.

Did you click on the DVD Video Copy tab? Don't click on the Video Compilation tab.

This may be a dumb question but ... Do you have a DVD in the burner? The "burn" button is greyed-out if the burner is empty.

That would seem to indicate there is a problem with your source files at that point…

Something else you could try would be to select Burn an Image and deselect the Burner drive.

It will make an ISO file (disc image) on your HD. If that is successful, you can use Video Copy and Convert to burn that image to disc.

Archived