• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capturing Video Off Dv Cam

asandull

Question

Which setting should I choose?

General purpose editing Normal quality AVI or Best Quality Mpg2? I keep hearing on here that Avi is better but it says Normal? Dont I want the Best Quality since I havent been able to produce good quality videos using this program?

I tried doing a search on this topic but I keep getting an error...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

5 answers to this question

That error simply means that the search didn't find anything.

This is one of those posts that will have several dozen opinions. :) Some will say mpg2 because it doesn't get re- rendered, some will say AVI because it is more original (compression). and others will say do a custom AVI with the large screen size. Some think that avi reduces the risk of an out of sync problem. Others think that mpg2 is good enough and faster because it is not re-rendered when you go to burn the disc. (normal settings)

There is really no correct answer, it depends what you are doing and what looks good to you, what computer you have and probably a dozen other variables. Try doing a short video with all three and burn to a DVD (RW). Use what looks best to you.

Which setting should I choose?

General purpose editing Normal quality AVI or Best Quality Mpg2? I keep hearing on here that Avi is better but it says Normal? Dont I want the Best Quality since I havent been able to produce good quality videos using this program?

I tried doing a search on this topic but I keep getting an error...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

That error simply means that the search didn't find anything.

This is one of those posts that will have several dozen opinions. :) Some will say mpg2 because it doesn't get re- rendered, some will say AVI because it is more original (compression). and others will say do a custom AVI with the large screen size. Some think that avi reduces the risk of an out of sync problem. Others think that mpg2 is good enough and faster because it is not re-rendered when you go to burn the disc. (normal settings)

There is really no correct answer, it depends what you are doing and what looks good to you, what computer you have and probably a dozen other variables. Try doing a short video with all three and burn to a DVD (RW). Use what looks best to you.

I'll give that a try. Is there an easy way to explain how I would do a custom AVI with large screen size? The only way I know how to change the setting is to use the drop down under quality.

Thanks for your help.

Well, for me AVI won hands down. The quality of this video was very clear and had no problems. The Mpg2 file was shaky and blurred. Huge difference. So for me, Normal quality works better than Best quality... who would have thunk... :)

Thanks!

Well, for me AVI won hands down. The quality of this video was very clear and had no problems. The Mpg2 file was shaky and blurred. Huge difference. So for me, Normal quality works better than Best quality... who would have thunk... :)

Thanks!

Don't compare normal avi quality to best mpeg quality. The "best" doesn't mean best video quality but only the best mpeg2 quality.

Archived