• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

C2009 Extraction Goes Awry

rcarnahan

Question

Just purchased and downloaded the two Creator 2009 files from Sonic. Extracted the C2009 Suite file but when it came to the end of the extraction, rather than allowing a setup to continue, Symantec's Download Manager launched and asked if I wanted to uninstall any of Norton's products. After turning off Internet Security, I tried again with the same result. I also tried booting in safemode and exactly the same thing happened. Not sure where to go from here.

5 answers to this question

Just purchased and downloaded the two Creator 2009 files from Sonic. Extracted the C2009 Suite file but when it came to the end of the extraction, rather than allowing a setup to continue, Symantec's Download Manager launched and asked if I wanted to uninstall any of Norton's products. After turning off Internet Security, I tried again with the same result. I also tried booting in safemode and exactly the same thing happened. Not sure where to go from here.

Did you let the software extract on its own when it finished downloading or manually extracted it? I found it better to cancel the auto extraction and manually unzipped to a custom folder I created. I then run the setup from the custom folder. After installation was complete, I burned those custom folders to a dvd along with then content portion of the program (separate download sent to a separate manually created folder).

Not familiar with Symantec's DM but there should be a way to disable it.

Archived