• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Jvc Vs. Roxio

Equine

Question

Note: Edietd to include paragraphs for readability.

I've got a thread posted on roxio 10, but I'm posting another as I still have the same problem. Firstly I would like to say that I have NEVER had any problems with roxio before. Never ever any of the problems others have experienced. This is a first for me.

I have been using roxio 10 for ages now but have bought a new JVC everio 120G HD camera. This camera appeared not to be compatable with roxio 10 as when I outputted the picture came out all blurry and funny. The slow motion would not work properly etc. I tried all the suggestions everyone said to but noe of them worked. They suggested creator 2009 as its designed for HD. So I got this but the problem is still there. Is there anyone else out there who has a JVC HD camera who is having problems with roxio?

I need help to fix this and no one can yet come up with a solution. Not even roxio has replied to my tickets which from what I hear is nothing new. And yes, I've sent HEAPS of tickets. They just aren't hearing me! I've gone onto live chat and that was ok, but now can't find that again. I've tried all hours of the day but no more live chat. I can't remember where I found it in the first place and I live in Australia so it's too far to call.

Is it something to do with the downloading from the camera? Is there another setting I should be on? I'm downloading as mpeg2 which plays fine when you watch it back, but when you output through roxio, that's when it messes it up.

What else can I try but another program? I've read all the HD threads but no one seems to have had my problem. Can someone please suggest something? I know it's something to do with the camera as if I put footage with my old camera it's perfect. I also have no transitions when I click on them they are empty? Why could this be??

Thank you

Edited by sknis

25 answers to this question

Note: Edited to include paragraphs for readability.

I've got a thread posted on roxio 10, but I'm posting another as I still have the same problem. Firstly I would like to say that I have NEVER had any problems with roxio before. Never ever any of the problems others have experienced. This is a first for me.

I have been using roxio 10 for ages now but have bought a new JVC everio 120G HD camera. This camera appeared not to be compatable with roxio 10 as when I outputted the picture came out all blurry and funny. The slow motion would not work properly etc. I tried all the suggestions everyone said to but noe of them worked. They suggested creator 2009 as its designed for HD. So I got this but the problem is still there. Is there anyone else out there who has a JVC HD camera who is having problems with roxio?

I need help to fix this and no one can yet come up with a solution. Not even roxio has replied to my tickets which from what I hear is nothing new. And yes, I've sent HEAPS of tickets. They just aren't hearing me! I've gone onto live chat and that was ok, but now can't find that again. I've tried all hours of the day but no more live chat. I can't remember where I found it in the first place and I live in Australia so it's too far to call.

Is it something to do with the downloading from the camera? Is there another setting I should be on? I'm downloading as mpeg2 which plays fine when you watch it back, but when you output through roxio, that's when it messes it up.

What else can I try but another program? I've read all the HD threads but no one seems to have had my problem. Can someone please suggest something? I know it's something to do with the camera as if I put footage with my old camera it's perfect. I also have no transitions when I click on them they are empty? Why could this be??

Thank you

First, don't send heaps of tickets because you will get duplicate replies. Make sure your e-mail is not blocking the replies as spam.

I'm not going to try to read all the old replies. Did you really take time to read and understand them and to follow all of them TO THE LETTER?

You are worried about the camera and the program but you have nothing posted about your computer. Please put all your relevant computer specs in your signature via My Controls at the top of the page.

Did you try using "software" render when you are editing in Video Wave? If you are still using CineMagic, all bets are off. You were told that there may be issues with it. What video card do you have and have you updated the drivers?

Put your important computer specs in your signature via My Controls at the top of the page. Look at other signatures to see what to put in.

You jumped from capture to missing transitions. Please tell use exactly what you are doing and what applications are you using.

What is the native video format of that camera. Are you simply copying the files to your computer or are you trying to capture?

It would have helped if you would have linked to your earlier posts !

If you are no longer using EMC 10, then say that in the post and it will be closed.

As for live chat, Larry responded in your old thread; read post 26 here.

You may also want to lay off the caffeine and slow down. Sorry but it does seems that that you are grabbing ides from here an there and not putting them all together.

Edited by sknis

If I "tried everything" and tried it using 2 different versions of software, I think I would be looking at the only common factor here, the camcorder

I would be all over JVC to either explain what I am doing wrong or replace the faulty camcorder…

Australia is a big country, I would guess you have a number to reach JVC there?

Like Steve, I see a lot of disconnect between what you post after someone suggests something.

From what I can remember from the other thread, She owns the JVC HD6 which records in full 1920X1080 HDV format directly to the 120GB hard drive. Again JVC opted to use a non-standard file extension - .TOD, but changing the extension to .mpg or .m2t works. I don't think she is having an issue with capturing or transferring the files.

Equine - since your problem seems to still be there with C2009, it would appear to be a hardware issue. As suggested by Steve, please list your computer specs especially your video card info.

I have a Canon hidef camcorder that uses the same file format and haven't had any issues like you.

Sorry everyone for how I am coming accross. I didn't know you could put your computer specs in and not sure about links. I'm new to this chat room stuff but obviously it's not as simple as just posting a thread? I'll work on that.

I have phoned JVC and they tell me it's the program. I've tried renaming the files to m2t and that makes them better not does not fix it completely. I changed the output device to software and again makes it better but does not fix it. I'm phoning JVC again today so I'll see what they say. I'm not using cinemagic either and the issue is still there. Cine magic works great with a non HD camera. No faults at all.

I did have vista but everything crashed when I had this so the computer store took it off as it ruined our hard drive in the end so we had to get a whole new one.

My computer details:

512MB 8600GT PCle video card

Windows XP Pro

Usus P5K-PRO motherboard

Seagate 320G 16M cache SATA HDD NCQ 24 x 7

Intel core 2 duo E*200 2.66ghz (this has slightly changed due to removing vista and rebilding the hard drive)

This is all I can find for the computer and that's reading it off the invoice. I don't know alot about the internals of the computer but I did give the computer techs the details of roxio and the other programs I use and they built the computer accordingly. (I hope)

I don't know if any of this will help, it doesn't sound like the right info you need. But I will keep looking. Thanks

While you have JVC on the phone ask them if it is Roxio as they claim, what software titles work with their files?

Then is one of those titles have a trial version, give it a try.

While few of us have HD equipment, several users do have it and have reported good results using Roxio with it.

Just a reply to a previous post, I am still using roxio 10 as I've reverted back to the older camera and roxio 10 is great for this. The only thing is the camera isn't reliable so I have to be careful but roxio 10 is great for this. Do you think running roxio 10 and creator on the same computer is bad?

I will check with jcv what you have suggested. Many thanks and I REALLY do appreciate everyones help. I have no one here to help or no one to call when I need help. Not many people here know about roxio including jvc so it's really hard to get assitance and I still can't find the live chat and I'm trying on there times and days but can't find the section on the net. I've tried the links people suggested but it's still not there. And since they haven't replied to my tickets, you guys are the only support I have at the moment. And most of you sound like real computer pros where I'm good at what I know and do, but when things go wrong and get technical, this is where I am struggling but I am learning from all this!

I just wish there was somewhere in Aust who you could talk to for issues like this. That would be marvellous!

I'm sorry for how I am posting. I'm obviously not up to speed with how you all use this. I will try to get it right but might at times need a kick in the right direction. I have really read all the replies and done what they have suggested and while they do make a better difference, the main problem is still there. And I have tried slow motion in video wave and it's the same as cine magic which brings it all back possibly to the camera? I'll post what jvc say once I call them soon.

How I do it from the start, is I plug the camera into the computer and it opens the power director. I've done it 2 ways. I've gone through jvc's program and converted to mpeg2 which play fine. But then once I edit them through roxio and render it, that's when the movie goes funny. I've also just copied them from teh camera onto my hard drive and renamed them to the m2t file and that does the same. Quicker, but not good picture quality. I've also changed to "software" and same again.

I am still using roxio 10 as my old camera works great with it si at the moment it's all I have to use. But not sure if having creator and roxio loaded on the same computer will cause problems?

The creator 2009 appears to have loaded fine and works ok, but there are no transitions available. It says "You have no transitions available to use" or something like that. So not sure why that is??

I have just seen that reply Larry did. Sounds great. I don't know how I missed that one. I'll try to do what he ask when I get home.

And last but not least, I know it sounds like I'm overdosing on caffeine, but I don't drink anythink like it. Maybe I should?? I'm panicing a little I guess as I spent alot of money on the jvc camera and now it's caused me nothing but problems and I can't afford to have this happen. I've also spent money on more programs. This is my hobby business and clients reply on me to do dvd's for them. So when I'm paid for a job it's very embarasing when I have to tell them I have to refund their money as I can't produce their dvd. I know I'm not a professional and only using a basic program, but it does the job I want and people love it, so it suits me fine. So it's very frustrating when I have 4 clients footage on my camera and can't do anything about it! I am very worried. Overworked, late nights, very tired!! And I don't really know what I am doing when it comes to this.

Normally everything goes to plan and if it doesn't I can get through it but this is something I'm having troubles with obviously! Sorry to go on but thank you!

I'm sorry for how I am posting. I'm obviously not up to speed with how you all use this. I will try to get it right but might at times need a kick in the right direction. I have really read all the replies and done what they have suggested and while they do make a better difference, the main problem is still there. And I have tried slow motion in video wave and it's the same as cine magic which brings it all back possibly to the camera? I'll post what jvc say once I call them soon.

How I do it from the start, is I plug the camera into the computer and it opens the power director. I've done it 2 ways. I've gone through jvc's program and converted to mpeg2 which play fine. But then once I edit them through roxio and render it, that's when the movie goes funny. I've also just copied them from teh camera onto my hard drive and renamed them to the m2t file and that does the same. Quicker, but not good picture quality. I've also changed to "software" and same again.

I am still using roxio 10 as my old camera works great with it si at the moment it's all I have to use. But not sure if having creator and roxio loaded on the same computer will cause problems?

The creator 2009 appears to have loaded fine and works ok, but there are no transitions available. It says "You have no transitions available to use" or something like that. So not sure why that is??

I have just seen that reply Larry did. Sounds great. I don't know how I missed that one. I'll try to do what he ask when I get home.

And last but not least, I know it sounds like I'm overdosing on caffeine, but I don't drink anythink like it. Maybe I should?? I'm panicing a little I guess as I spent alot of money on the jvc camera and now it's caused me nothing but problems and I can't afford to have this happen. I've also spent money on more programs. This is my hobby business and clients reply on me to do dvd's for them. So when I'm paid for a job it's very embarasing when I have to tell them I have to refund their money as I can't produce their dvd. I know I'm not a professional and only using a basic program, but it does the job I want and people love it, so it suits me fine. So it's very frustrating when I have 4 clients footage on my camera and can't do anything about it! I am very worried. Overworked, late nights, very tired!! And I don't really know what I am doing when it comes to this.

Normally everything goes to plan and if it doesn't I can get through it but this is something I'm having troubles with obviously! Sorry to go on but thank you!

If there are no transitions available with C2009 then there is definitely something wrong with the install of C2009. Even if you did not install the C2009 COntents there should still be some transitions there. When C2009 is properly installed there is at least as many transitions available as in EMC10.

I have C2009 and EMC 10 installed on my system and there are no conflicts except that projects created in C2009 may not work properly in EMC10

I have spoken with JVC who are today being really helpful. They have suggested it's to do with codecs. Something I never thought of and may just be the problem. Also media player. They want to see my system details and they will go from there. I loaded a new program ULead which is another great movie making program. I put a jvc scene on and also an old camera scene on and made a mini movie. The jvc came out bad and the old camera came out good. So I know it's not roxio so it may all to do with codecs. So you may all be right with some theory’s you had, I just don't know enough about that side of it. I've been given basic instructions over the phone which I find easier to follow when they're verbal. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your patients.

Oh and I've tried sending a small tod file through to (I'm sorry I forget your name), but it's too big to email. The you send it program takes too long to send. (I wanted to send through the same horse scene I'm having trouble with, but if not, I will film 30 secs of the "window" and send through) I'll see if the codecs and other things can fix this, if not, I'll keep trying to send through. Thanks heaps!

Oh and I've tried sending a small tod file through to (I'm sorry I forget your name), but it's too big to email. The you send it program takes too long to send. (I wanted to send through the same horse scene I'm having trouble with, but if not, I will film 30 secs of the "window" and send through) I'll see if the codecs and other things can fix this, if not, I'll keep trying to send through. Thanks heaps!
Hidef files are HUGE so you will never be able to just email me a file. Even if it was only 2 or 3 secs, I think it would be too large. That's why I suggested YouSendIt. You upload the file there. Email me a LINK to that file and then I download it here. Yes, it will indeed take some time to upload a file depending on your upload speed and the file size. That's why I suggested shooting a new clip.

How many video editors do you have installed? Good possibility that something messed up the codecs. Each application usually installs its own and only uses its own. There are a few expections like some applications can access other codecs that are installed.

At the moment, I have 3 newer video editors installed and they seem to not interfer with each other (knock on wood LOL).

All I have installed are roxio 10 and now creator 2009. Last night I dowloaded the trial of ULead. But problems were prior to this obviously. Do you have any suggestions for codecs that may suit? I was also told to update to media player 11 as this may also work?

Media Player 11 wouldn't help as it doesn't install any codecs that would be useful, but wouldn't hurt anything either. I still have WMP 10.

Creator 2009 should have installed all the codecs that it needs. In fact, I have been quite impressed with how well Videowave down converts my hidef files to regular DVD.

Edited by ggrussell

Do you think that jvc ment my computer needs different codecs for the jvc camera? Even when I play the tod files through the jvc program the picture is not the best. It's also very slow. I had an error message come up when I convert to mpegs in power producer which I get all the time and jvc said that particular error message was from the computer saying it couldn't cope with the files being coverted which ment I probably need different codecs? They said it sounds more like my computer not coping than the camera.

Thing is PowerProducer that came WITH the JVC should install all the needed codecs for that application. Just like Roxio installs its own codecs for all it's needs. That's why I suggested you sending a file. There could be something wrong with the camcorder even though it is new. If you file looks bad on someone else's computer, most likely it's a camcorder issue.

Edited by ggrussell

Hi Gary, sorry I haven't had a chance to get a short file away to you, I've been away at a horse competition.

But anyway, I'll give it a go tonight and see how I go. But I've done some more filming on the older camera and using roxio 10. I know I've said before that I've never had issues with roxio before, I've now got issues! Again with the transitions and slow motion. I had been suggested about the timing etc, and I'm not using cine magic but video wave now. (Takes alot longer too!)

But I'm adding around 2-3 seconds of .5 slow motion with a disolve in between. I have around 10 slow motion scenes which all follow on together. But when I play the movie it gets stuck on a transition then fasts forward, then plays normal until it gets to the next disolve then pauses, then goes fast forward real quick. I've tried adjusting the scenes and the transitions, but nothing changes. My transitions are around 2.30 to 2.60 sec. This has never given me any issues before and I've always used cinemagic too. But now it seems to be getting worse.

Do you think something is slowly dying in my computer? It's only new since June and built around roxio and all my other programs to suit the workload. I'm still having debates with jvc who are very slow are getting back to me but now I have issues with roxio 10. I also get funny things happening when I put a normal speed scene in. The picture is ok, but slightly jilted if that makes sense. I changed the making to software in stead of hardware and that made a little difference.

I have a duel hard drive as I once had vista on a seperate hard drive and XP, I've since dumped vista as had nothing but problems and had the hard drives rebuilt new again. Is there anything you can think of that could be causing this problem? They seemed to have started since loading power producer for jvc on and trying to upload footage. Maybe a coincidence but I never had these problems before??

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what you mean in your second paragraph?

In another thread you post some clip duration times and the transition durations.

Could you post the sequential list of clip and transitions duration for say the first 10 items?

Panel 1: 2.01 All video clips (Photos work perfect)

Transition: .44 secs

Panel 2: 1.18

Panel 3: 1.21

Panel 4: 2.07

Panel 5: 1.05

Panel 6: 1.22

Panel 7: 1.19

I did the transition theme and it does the same thing as me doing it manually. All transitions are disolves. Maybe I don't quite understand them, but they always worked perfect doing through cine magic and doing them manually. Since the jvc's been loaded on my computer, this is what I get. Sometime one or 2 would be sticky, but now they're all sticky and won't work. Hope this info helps! Thanks again