• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier Won't Burn Iso Disc Image

ponce918

Question

I downloaded a bunch of videos in Windows Media Format (wmv). I used MyDVD to create a disc image on my hard drive (note: the ISO file is on an external FireWire drive). When I double click on the ISO file, Disc Copier opens and in the left source pane, it correctly points to the ISO file on my FireWire drive. In the right pane, I choose my G drive (DVD burner) as destination and insert a blank DVD+R disc (I've had no problems burning to these discs previously). When I click the Copy button, the button flashes for a second but then nothing happens and I get no error. If I choose Copy Disc from File menu, burning doesn't start either. Same result if I select advanced mode and click on Advanced Copy button (the advanced settings dialog comes up but when I click OK, burning doesn't start).

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It's baffling b/c the program doesn't report any errors or crash, so there is no feedback on what is wrong.

Note: As a sanity check, I used the Video Compilation tab in Disc Copier to copy a WMV file to the disc and it successfully encoded and burned the file to disc, so it's only failing with the ISO file.

3 answers to this question

In playing around more tonight, I tried burning both from Creator Classic and from the main Roxio Application Home page (the Burn Image option under Copy category). I didn't have better luck with those. However, I noted extra behavior. Even though Win XP and seemingly Roxio recognize either a DVD+R or DVD-R disc in the tray, when I go to burn, the program ejects the disc and asks me to insert a CD or DVD disc. Very strange.

Well, I'm out of ideas. Is this any help?

Lance

I downloaded a bunch of videos in Windows Media Format (wmv). I used MyDVD to create a disc image on my hard drive (note: the ISO file is on an external FireWire drive). When I double click on the ISO file, Disc Copier opens and in the left source pane, it correctly points to the ISO file on my FireWire drive. In the right pane, I choose my G drive (DVD burner) as destination and insert a blank DVD+R disc (I've had no problems burning to these discs previously). When I click the Copy button, the button flashes for a second but then nothing happens and I get no error. If I choose Copy Disc from File menu, burning doesn't start either. Same result if I select advanced mode and click on Advanced Copy button (the advanced settings dialog comes up but when I click OK, burning doesn't start).

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It's baffling b/c the program doesn't report any errors or crash, so there is no feedback on what is wrong.

Note: As a sanity check, I used the Video Compilation tab in Disc Copier to copy a WMV file to the disc and it successfully encoded and burned the file to disc, so it's only failing with the ISO file.

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe this workaround will do. Can you try burning the ISO using Creator Classic? Start up CC, click File/Burn from Disk Image File... CC doesn't have all the nice options the Disc Copier has but it's saved my butt a couple times in the past.

You might also try creating you project in VideoWave first then use MyDVD to create the ISO file.

Lance

In playing around more tonight, I tried burning both from Creator Classic and from the main Roxio Application Home page (the Burn Image option under Copy category). I didn't have better luck with those. However, I noted extra behavior. Even though Win XP and seemingly Roxio recognize either a DVD+R or DVD-R disc in the tray, when I go to burn, the program ejects the disc and asks me to insert a CD or DVD disc. Very strange.

Archived