Best Way To Import Video?

cpamom

Question

Could a guru please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I use Roxio Media Import to import a volleyball video that a parent created with a menu and soundtrack.

The import is taking 3 hours for one 30minute DVD!

The files on the DVD say AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Is there an easier way to put a skills DVD together for my daughter? We need to pull clips from 30 different DVD's.... I will be here for months doing it this way.

Thank you so much!

Robin :blink:

4 answers to this question

Could a guru please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I use Roxio Media Import to import a volleyball video that a parent created with a menu and soundtrack.

The import is taking 3 hours for one 30minute DVD!

The files on the DVD say AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Is there an easier way to put a skills DVD together for my daughter? We need to pull clips from 30 different DVD's.... I will be here for months doing it this way.

Thank you so much!

Robin :blink:

You could copy the contents, of the DVD, to your hard drive, then open the Video_TS folder, and rename the files that have a .vob extenstion, to .mpg, then open VideoWave, and bring in the separate .mpg files for editing.

Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. EMC 9 is the first version that will take the .vob files in, directly.

Are you wanting to edit the files?

To isolate your daughter's performance you want to load the clip into VideoWave.

Click the clip once to make it active then use the slider to reach the point where you want to start. Click the Split icon.

Click the first piece to make it active and click the Delete icon.

Move the slider to the end of your daughter's performance. Split then make the portion you want to delete active and delete it.

It will take a little time, but I would suggest you use the Output As option and create a new file with a new name. (the original file will be untouched should you want to use it again)