• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

1stTimeUser

How Do You Create A Desktop Icon For Roxio Easy Media Creator Home. I Can't Find Roxio On My Laptop Unless I Insert A Disc. My Laptop Is A Sony Vaio..

How do you create a desktop Icon for Roxio Easy Media Creator Home. I can't find Roxio on my laptop unless I insert a disc. My laptop is a Sony Vaio with windows Vista.

Thanks

Go to the Start button > All programs > Roxio and find the icon for the application you want.

Right-click on the icon and drag it out onto the desktop. Release the mouse button and select "Copy" to copy the icon onto the desktop.

Regards,

Brendon

If the installation did not create an icon on your desktop, you may have a bigger problem, with the software, than the recommendation to drag the icon to the desktop. Let's hope that that works, though.

alternitive options

start>all programs> right click roxio> add to quick launch

or

start>all programs>right click roxio>pin to start menu

or

start>all programs>right click roxio>send to>desktop (create shortcut)

and grandpabruce may be right, the install may have been corrupted. by default during install desktop and quick lauch icons are usually set up. maybe you should do a clean install of the product.

Clean Installation of Creator 9 & 10 on Windows XP

Clean Install Instructions for Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista

Edited by msmofet60

Yes, you both may be right about the broken install. However the original poster asked for one item of assistance.

Being a first time user I didn't see any point in writing an encyclopaedic answer which might have the effect of stunning him/her with a large mallet and waste both his/her time as well as mine, rather than providing simple help. The KISS principle.

Regards,

Brendon

Yes, you both may be right about the broken install. However the original poster asked for one item of assistance.

Being a first time user I didn't see any point in writing an encyclopaedic answer which might have the effect of stunning him/her with a large mallet and waste both his/her time as well as mine, rather than providing simple help. The KISS principle.

Regards,

Brendon

thats why i gave options on how to create desktop and/or quick launch icons and how to pin it to the start menu first than added the other statement about the install.

msmofet

Edited by msmofet60

Regards,

Brendon

I didn't consider it a waste of time, or I would not have posted it. ;)