Video Wave Problems

chris_kost

Question

Okay I have used many versions of Roxio and I purchased emc8 about 2 months ago and have had problems since. I have installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled many times with the help of many of you. I have gone deleted off of regedit, msconfig, properteries, I have deleted registry keys, everything all of you have suggested. I have also upgraded my video card drivers and still when I go to use videowave (since slideshow assistant is not a favorite of many of yours) I can insert pictures, transitions etc but when I go to preview I do not have the navigational bar under the preview screen. I have run virus software norton, spyware (spybot, adaware, pc bug doctor) Any suggestions that can help me? I have my parents 40th coming up soon and would really like to get a video done for them.

Sony vaio p4 2.4

radeon 9550 256mb video card

1.5gb ram

125 mb hard drive

windows xp w/ service pak 2

5 answers to this question

sknis, thanks for your help but nothing has changed. Here is the run through.

I am running directx 9

Have internet explorer 6.02xxx

Options on the videowave menu says that I default to Hardware

Under transitions i have about 26 and then 1 that says "potluck" and has 246 transitions

I don't know how to set virtual memory so if you could walk me through that would be great

I went to dxdiag and all video tests pass

my settings on the display settings is 1024x768.

my text resolution is set to 96dpi

finally all sony downloads have been made.

Still nothing has changed.

Plus on the video wave screen, the show settings is greyed out.

thanks but things still haven't changed.

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to see that you are still having problems. I'm just going to throw out some random things that you can try since I can't offer a definitive answer. That card of yours is very good and should not give you the kind of problems you are seeing.

1) Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX 9© on your computer.

2) Make sure you have Internet Explorer 5 or higher.

3) When you go to VideoWave Tools/Options and run the video test, does the program default to hardware or software? It should be hardware with your specs. Do you see all the 3D transitions? You should be seeing over 230 total transitions.

4) You should be able to adjust the performance of that ATI card to better or best performance and away from best appearance. I don't remember the exact wording but that ATI program has those options.

5) Make sure your computer is set for best performance and that the Virtual Memory is set to about 1.5 times your actual memory.

6) In Windows, go to start/run/dxdiag. A window will start up and test your video (and sound). Go to the third tab and run the video tests. Let us know what the results are.

7) The only thing I have left is to make sure that you have set your monitor resolution to at least 1280 by 720. At a resolution of 1280 by 1024, the effects list can be docked to the right side of the screen in VideoWave. Check your monitor's allowable refresh rate and set it to the highest you monitor will handle.

While you are at it, make sure your text resolution is set to 96 dpi. That is the minimum if you plan to use Label Creator (Control Panel /Display/Appearance/Font Size)

Go to the Sony site and make sure you have all the latest drivers for your model. There may also be a BIOS update but be real careful with that since you can turn your computer into a door stop if you don't follow the directions exactly. Since you didn't post your model number, I can't tell what updates are available.

Please let me know if any of the above solves your problem; I'll be holding my breath !

Okay I have used many versions of Roxio and I purchased emc8 about 2 months ago and have had problems since. I have installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled many times with the help of many of you. I have gone deleted off of regedit, msconfig, properteries, I have deleted registry keys, everything all of you have suggested. I have also upgraded my video card drivers and still when I go to use videowave (since slideshow assistant is not a favorite of many of yours) I can insert pictures, transitions etc but when I go to preview I do not have the navigational bar under the preview screen. I have run virus software norton, spyware (spybot, adaware, pc bug doctor) Any suggestions that can help me? I have my parents 40th coming up soon and would really like to get a video done for them.

Sony vaio p4 2.4

radeon 9550 256mb video card

1.5gb ram

125 mb hard drive

windows xp w/ service pak 2

Archived