• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc Changes Screen Resolution On Start Up; Doesn't Open

mitchr

Question

20 answers to this question

I've tried looking on the web for a solution to this nv4_disp error which comes after the program gets hung up for about 2 minutes.

Is there a fix to this?

I have an nVidia Geforce 6200 graphics card, PCI

Mitch

That error is an NVidia error. I got a lot of hits, when I googled.

Try NVidia's website, and see if they have that error listed.

I'm w/ GPB on this one -- this is an error that is related to your graphics card.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. :(

I have contacted EVGA and one person suggested using DC Pro, cleaning the Nvidia driver then downloading an older driver from the Nvidia website(May 2008).

Besides the card, could there possibly be anything else effecting this error? Is there something else I need to upgrade on my computer? I'm not too familiar with computers, but I too think it's an error related to the card, just wondering if it could be a setting to adjust or something...

Computer specs:

Dell Dim. 3000 Windows XP SP3

Mitch R.

I have contacted EVGA and one person suggested using DC Pro, cleaning the Nvidia driver then downloading an older driver from the Nvidia website(May 2008).

Besides the card, could there possibly be anything else effecting this error? Is there something else I need to upgrade on my computer? I'm not too familiar with computers, but I too think it's an error related to the card, just wondering if it could be a setting to adjust or something...

Computer specs:

Mitch R.

This article suggests uninstalling your drivers and then re-installing w/ the most current drivers available. I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference if you already made sure you have the most current ones, though.

Computer specs:

Mitch R.

That error is your video card software causing the problem. I would go with the older driver that was suggested to you. When I had my NVidia card, in this computer, most of the new drivers that I used were bug ridden. Using an older driver fixed my problems. Hopefully, it will fix yours too.

That error is your video card software causing the problem. I would go with the older driver that was suggested to you. When I had my NVidia card, in this computer, most of the new drivers that I used were bug ridden. Using an older driver fixed my problems. Hopefully, it will fix yours too.

Thanks! I will try that when I get home from work.

Also, last night I called EVGA support and he said that I would have to upgrade my power supply. I think it's an AC 120/230V 250w power supply. Would this also be a possible problem? I really don't want to have to upgrade this computer any more since I would liek to purchase a new one in the next couple of years.

Mitch R.

Thanks! I will try that when I get home from work.

Also, last night I called EVGA support and he said that I would have to upgrade my power supply. I think it's an AC 120/230V 250w power supply. Would this also be a possible problem? I really don't want to have to upgrade this computer any more since I would liek to purchase a new one in the next couple of years.

Mitch R.

I don't know if the power supply is a problem. It certainly is a weak supply, and if your video card requires a power connection, then it could very well be a problem.

I'm having trouble trying to open EMC 10 from the shortcut on the desktop. When I double-click, the screen resolution changes and it says "Could not complete the last command because: Unknown error".

I can open programs from the start>programs>Roxio EMC 10, but not from the shortcut.

I'm also having no luck trying to find out why the MyDVD application does not open for me. It gets hung up and my computer freezes then gives me the blue screen"serious error" notification.

I can run pretty much all other applications within EMC 10, but not MyDVD.

I have tried everything from using new and old drivers for my Geforce 6200 PCI, DC Pro, upgraded my ram to 1.25 GB. I think I'm looking into a new power supply since the one I have is only 250watt.

If someone could help me out with these issues that would be great!

Mitch R.

I'm having trouble trying to open EMC 10 from the shortcut on the desktop. When I double-click, the screen resolution changes and it says "Could not complete the last command because: Unknown error".

I can open programs from the start>programs>Roxio EMC 10, but not from the shortcut.

I'm also having no luck trying to find out why the MyDVD application does not open for me. It gets hung up and my computer freezes then gives me the blue screen"serious error" notification.

I can run pretty much all other applications within EMC 10, but not MyDVD.

I have tried everything from using new and old drivers for my Geforce 6200 PCI, DC Pro, upgraded my ram to 1.25 GB. I think I'm looking into a new power supply since the one I have is only 250watt.

If someone could help me out with these issues that would be great!

Mitch R.

I think that you need to list all of your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature.

What processor does your Dell have?

I think that you need to list all of your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature.

What processor does your Dell have?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, or if this is what you're looking for, but here are my specs.

Mitch R.

Your power supply is fine, you got enough there to jump start the space shuttle! But someone gave you some poor advice as to replacing it… If you choose to follow that advice, it is up to you.

Actually, it would be sound advice, depending on the video card requirements, if any, and whatever else is running in the computer.

The power requirement, for the video card in my signature, is 450W. Now, I don't forsee the card using that much power, because I am not a gamer, but the requirements are met, if I do.

Actually, it would be sound advice, depending on the video card requirements, if any, and whatever else is running in the computer.

The power requirement, for the video card in my signature, is 450W. Now, I don't forsee the card using that much power, because I am not a gamer, but the requirements are met, if I do.

The power supply is inadequate for MyDVD only? Does that make sense. :huh:

My Dell has been running a 250 Watt power supply since 2003, does this Bunny look like it is having any trouble? :D

post-39730-1223819760.jpg

The power supply is inadequate for MyDVD only? Does that make sense. :huh:

My Dell has been running a 250 Watt power supply since 2003, does this Bunny look like it is having any trouble? :D

Your vid card doesn't require a connection to power plug?

BTW, you are fortunate that you can run the software, with your setup. Your's has been touched by the video gods. :)

Your vid card doesn't require a connection to power plug?

BTW, you are fortunate that you can run the software, with your setup. Your's has been touched by the video gods. :)

Whatever it was that touched me, left a bruise! :lol:

No my sleazy little card doesn't require jumper cables but the Power Supply is running 2 optical drives, 2 HD's, 2 external HD's, a wireless network card and charging my GPS.

I'm quite sure you'd see the famous Black Sceen Error if you put an nVidia Geforce 6200 in there, Jim.

You might even let the magic smoke out of your little power supply. :lol:

Regards,

Brendon

Let's hope that that doesn't happen. That magic smoke may take out other components. :)

Are you running a 250W PSU in yours, Brendon?

That's amazing Jim!

Can you share the brand with other people? Is it a supply that delivers the typical 70% efficiency or something better? You manage to get a lot done with 175 peak watts if it's typical!

In the past I've not had problems with the power coming out of supplies, but I've had the fans die. I'm currently over-supplied because I'm going to update the system, plus it's supposedly one of the better ones out there. It's a Thermaltake toughpower 600w certified to run at 85%+ efficiency.