Drag To Disc

udornvet

Question

I use Roxio 10 and I'm assuming from what I've read here that 10 does not use a Drag to Disc feature.

Lately I've been experiencing problems with Drag to Disc hanging up on me. Even the simplest task of dragging over one photo will hang it up.

Do you know of a link, or can post one here where I can go and download another Roxio 9.0 Drag to Disc feature?

Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I use Roxio 10 and I'm assuming from what I've read here that 10 does not use a Drag to Disc feature.

Lately I've been experiencing problems with Drag to Disc hanging up on me. Even the simplest task of dragging over one photo will hang it up.

Do you know of a link, or can post one here where I can go and download another Roxio 9.0 Drag to Disc feature?

Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

You are correct. Drag to Disc was dropped in EMC 10.

You are correct. Drag to Disc was dropped in EMC 10.

Can you or anyone else shed any light on what may be causing the freezing up of Drag to Disc? I've been using Roxio for about 8 years now and I've never seen this happen as much as it is now.

Thanks

Something must be interfering with it. Updates to your operating system or installed programs ??

You might be able to fix that by completely uninstalling Drag-to-Disc and all its drivers, and then reinstalling it from whatever you used to install it in the first place. But is it worth the bother? You'd be better off using Creator and making standard discs.

Brendon

Something must be interfering with it. Updates to your operating system or installed programs ??

You might be able to fix that by completely uninstalling Drag-to-Disc and all its drivers, and then reinstalling it from whatever you used to install it in the first place. But is it worth the bother? You'd be better off using Creator and making standard discs.

Brendon

Yes, I suppose I could just trash the Drag to disc, but I sure do like the speed and convenience of it. Too much hassle opening up Roxio, and selecting functions just for a few photos and files.

I use Roxio mostly for all my video and music editing. Works great!

The speed and convenience may be good, but you certainly pay the price for these. Not the least of the hidden costs is the way packet-writing accelerates 'wear' of vital parts of rewriteable discs sometimes causing sudden loss of all your data without much warning.