budjens

How To Burn An Osx Backup Dvd

Question

I'm attempting to burn a backup DVD of the OSX Install Disk I received with my PowerBook. The Install Disk is a DL disk containing 6.75GB worth of files. I don't have a DL burner, so I must use a single-layer DVD burner. When I try to do this in Toast, I get an error message saying there's not enough free space on the blank single-sided DVD disk I want to copy to.

Is there a way to do this through Toast?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I'm attempting to burn a backup DVD of the OSX Install Disk I received with my PowerBook. The Install Disk is a DL disk containing 6.75GB worth of files. I don't have a DL burner, so I must use a single-layer DVD burner. When I try to do this in Toast, I get an error message saying there's not enough free space on the blank single-sided DVD disk I want to copy to.

Is there a way to do this through Toast?

Thanks.

Not without a DL burner and DL media. Maybe you can borrow an external DL burner from someone.

Not without a DL burner and DL media. Maybe you can borrow an external DL burner from someone.

tsantee, do you think it would be possible to use Toast to create a disk image, then drag the disk image into Toast as if you were going to create a data disk, and have Toast span the file into two DVDs?

tsantee, do you think it would be possible to use Toast to create a disk image, then drag the disk image into Toast as if you were going to create a data disk, and have Toast span the file into two DVDs?

I never tried that but it could work. However, you couldn't actually use those DVDs to boot up a Mac and install the OS. My assumption is you wanted to make a backup DVD that would work the same as the original.