What's Cpmonitor.exe

joelycat

Question

Does anyone know what C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009\5.0\CPMonitor.exe is? I don't think it loads at boot-up but maybe when Creator 2009 runs. But it stays in memory after exiting. It appears small and well behaved but I like to know what's running and if it's necessary. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Does anyone know what C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009\5.0\CPMonitor.exe is? I don't think it loads at boot-up but maybe when Creator 2009 runs. But it stays in memory after exiting. It appears small and well behaved but I like to know what's running and if it's necessary. Thanks.

I looked at running processes and could not find cpmonitor.exe on my computer with both EMC 10 and Creator 2009. It has something to do with CinePlayer but I don't know what. I opened CinePlayer and then played a video file and it did not open. It may have to do with updates? Sorry for the non-response.

I am running Vista Home Premium and the only Roxio program I have installed is the new Creator 2009. After checking in Windows Explorer, I have the same file listed (cpmonitor.exe). If when there, you click on "Open", then it will show in the "Processes" when you check the "Task Manager" under Applications. However, you can turn it off in Task Manager also.

Otherwise it is not running on my computer ar startup. I opened up "Cineplayer" to see if it would then open the file but nothing shows in the Task Manager under Applications, Processes or Services. Still has me stumped also. <_< Is it possible it is Mal-Ware, a virus or ???

Frank...

Edited by REDWAGON

I am running Vista Home Premium and the only Roxio program I have installed is the new Creator 2009. After checking in Windows Explorer, I have the same file listed (cpmonitor.exe). If when there, you click on "Open", then it will show in the "Processes" when you check the "Task Manager" under Applications. However, you can turn it off in Task Manager also.

Otherwise it is not running on my computer ar startup. I opened up "Cineplayer" to see if it would then open the file but nothing shows in the Task Manager under Applications, Processes or Services. Still has me stumped also. <_< Is it possible it is Mal-Ware, a virus or ???

Frank...

I got CPMonitor.exe every time I rebooted. Using msconfig I have it turned off in the Start-Up list.

I am certain it is part of the CinePlayer package. Using WinZip and examining the c2009 file you can see some items that start with CP***

I got CPMonitor.exe every time I rebooted. Using msconfig I have it turned off in the Start-Up list.

I am certain it is part of the CinePlayer package. Using WinZip and examining the c2009 file you can see some items that start with CP***

Good Point Walt. I ran "msconfig" and checked the stratup files and I have had it turned off also. Guess that's why I never see it at bootup.

Frank...