• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Navigation Question

saculver7

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following can be done; thought I'd post it and see if anyone had any ideas.

When setting up a menu you can either set no default, in which case it will always highlight the home button, or you can set a default button and it will always highlight that button. I have a main menu setup like the following:

-- link to submenu

-- link to video clip

-- link to slideshow

-- link to submenu

-- link to slideshow

-- etc

After one of the selected items plays and it returns to the main menu, it will always highlight the same button (as set by default). If the menu in question is a submenu that is getting returned to it will always highlight either the "home" button (if I haven't set a default) or whatever default button I have set.

I've usually been able to get EMC to do what I want after poking around for awhile but have not been able to see a way to get the menus to return with the last button pressed still highlighted.

I am using EMC Deluxe Suite 8. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steven

1 answer to this question

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following can be done; thought I'd post it and see if anyone had any ideas.

When setting up a menu you can either set no default, in which case it will always highlight the home button, or you can set a default button and it will always highlight that button. I have a main menu setup like the following:

-- link to submenu

-- link to video clip

-- link to slideshow

-- link to submenu

-- link to slideshow

-- etc

After one of the selected items plays and it returns to the main menu, it will always highlight the same button (as set by default). If the menu in question is a submenu that is getting returned to it will always highlight either the "home" button (if I haven't set a default) or whatever default button I have set.

I've usually been able to get EMC to do what I want after poking around for awhile but have not been able to see a way to get the menus to return with the last button pressed still highlighted.

I am using EMC Deluxe Suite 8. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi, Steven. I understand what you want to do but, unfortunately, I know of no way in MyDVD to do it. As you found out, you only have two choices when returning to a menu, button 1 (home button) or what ever you set as the default.

Archived