• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

artressa

Simplestar Photoshow 5 Dvd License Issue

Question

Hello David,

First let me say that my prior problem of people receiving my shows in 'edit' form seems to have resolved itself. KUDOS to you for all of your help and concern

Next, I have a computer that that broke, that I had used my simplestar 5 license with. I borrowed a computer in the meantime, using my software license again with no problem. Now my original laptop has been repaired and when I went to install my simplestar again, it won't let me use my license #. I saw nowhere that it said 1 computer limit on that registration #. In fact, it's should be a moot point since installing it on the second laptop meant there were no two locations with the license # employed. Now I can't get my theme packs from either laptop as I lost my activation codes for the packs when I originally lost a hard drive. Can you help with this? Is there somewhere I can loop up those activation #s as there originally was. Why, when I have the gold star as a premium member, can't I use my license on my repaired laptop? I paid around $60 I believe as I, thankfully, wanted the actual disc sent in the mail. They never sent the activation for the theme packs...I had to go to simplestar.com for that.

I also agree with the others about the 'updates' to simplestar. I did do it, not having the foresight of the others, but now wonder.....if simplestar isn't in existence (?) now, what would those updates consist of? Do they still participate in some behind the scenes fashion? Heh, maybe it's why my 'edit' situation works now. Still, I need to burn my dvds that I paid for and get my theme packs. Thanks as always David, Carol :-)

1 answer to this question

Hello David,

First let me say that my prior problem of people receiving my shows in 'edit' form seems to have resolved itself. KUDOS to you for all of your help and concern

Next, I have a computer that that broke, that I had used my simplestar 5 license with. I borrowed a computer in the meantime, using my software license again with no problem. Now my original laptop has been repaired and when I went to install my simplestar again, it won't let me use my license #. I saw nowhere that it said 1 computer limit on that registration #. In fact, it's should be a moot point since installing it on the second laptop meant there were no two locations with the license # employed. Now I can't get my theme packs from either laptop as I lost my activation codes for the packs when I originally lost a hard drive. Can you help with this? Is there somewhere I can loop up those activation #s as there originally was. Why, when I have the gold star as a premium member, can't I use my license on my repaired laptop? I paid around $60 I believe as I, thankfully, wanted the actual disc sent in the mail. They never sent the activation for the theme packs...I had to go to simplestar.com for that.

I also agree with the others about the 'updates' to simplestar. I did do it, not having the foresight of the others, but now wonder.....if simplestar isn't in existence (?) now, what would those updates consist of? Do they still participate in some behind the scenes fashion? Heh, maybe it's why my 'edit' situation works now. Still, I need to burn my dvds that I paid for and get my theme packs. Thanks as always David, Carol :-)

Your original keys will be in your confirmation email. Otherwise you can contact support to retrieve them. PhotoShow 5 can be installed on up to 3 computers. It would seem you are having trouble with the third installation. You would need to contact support for help on this.